Assistant Professor, Literature
- Location details
- Western Kentucky, USA
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
The Department of English and Philosophy at Murray State University invites applications for the position of tenure-track assistant professor of literature specializing in African American literature and culture. Appointment begins Aug. 15, 2022
Teach 12 hours per semester from among the following areas: composition, humanities, pre- and post-1865 American literature surveys, and areas of expertise; maintain an active agenda of scholarly research in the field; engage in appropriate service.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Doctorate in English or closely related field
• If doctorate is not in English, a minimum of 18 graduate hours in English is required
• ABDs with a documented plan of completion by appointment date will be considered
Minimum Experience & Skill Requirements:
• Evidence of strong teaching
• Evidence of strong potential for research and publication
• Evidence of an ability and a willingness to interpret and implement curricula in ways that advance racial justice.
Preferred Teaching or Research Ability:
One or more of the following subjects:
-Critical pedagogy and the teaching of literature
-Evidence of experience and a history of engagement with underserved communities of color and underrepresented minority students.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit the following through www.murraystatejobs.com:
• letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements for the position,
• curriculum vitae,
• teaching statement,
• diversity statement,
• unofficial copies of graduate transcripts, and
• names and contact details of three referees.