Senior Lecturer in Spanish
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Location details
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Global Languages unit, invites applications for one full-time position as a Senior Lecturer in Spanish. This is a five-year appointment beginning July 1, 2023, with the possibility of indefinite renewals based on favorable performance reviews. This position includes full benefits.
The Senior Lecturer in Spanish will oversee the design and implementation of the Spanish language curriculum with consideration of MIT student demand and interest; teach five Spanish language classes annually, including from beginner to advanced levels; advise students; mentor lecturers; conduct programmatic administration and service; work collaboratively with senior lecturers in other languages in the program; and carry out and disseminate pedagogical research.
Minimum qualifications are:
- Ph.D. in Spanish, Spanish language pedagogy, second language acquisition, linguistics, or a related field;
- Superior level of language proficiency in Spanish and English, according to the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines;
- At least five years of post-degree (Ph.D.) experience teaching Spanish language at an institution of higher education, including at least three years in a North American institution;
- At least two years of post-degree (Ph.D.) experience designing curricula and developing pedagogical materials;
- At least two years of programmatic administration experience;
- A record of scholarly publication demonstrating pedagogical interests; and
- Demonstrated engagement in the field of Spanish language pedagogy.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, CV clearly showing requisite qualifications, a statement of teaching philosophy (maximum 500 words), example of pedagogical materials development (no more than 25 pages), sample publication (no more than 35 pages), two examples of syllabi of classes taught, and arrange for three letters of recommendation to be submitted upon request. All materials must be received no later than September 1, 2022. Candidates selected for an interview will be requested to submit a 20-minute recorded teaching demonstration. All materials should be submitted digitally to Academic Jobs Online at the following website: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/21836
Any questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. MIT’s nondiscrimination policy can be found here.
For public health reasons, MIT requires COVID-19 vaccination for all MIT employees who work in the United States. New employees must be up to date with their vaccinations before their date of hire; if not eligible for the booster at date of hire, they must receive the booster within 2 weeks after becoming eligible. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. Learn more.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Lecturer/instructor, Language teaching, Spanish, Massachusetts
More search results
Non-tenure-track Adjunct Lecturer in Spanish
Northwestern Spanish and Portuguese
Full-time Spanish Faculty
Bard High School Early College Manhattan
Full-Time Lecturer in Spanish
University of Pennsylvania
Visiting Faculty of Spanish
Xavier University CLML
Lecturer in Spanish (Two Positions)