School of Hebrew Assistant Director
- Middlebury College
- Location details
- Middlebury, VT
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English, Hebrew
- Employment category
School of Hebrew Assistant Director
Middlebury, Vermont, United StatesStaff, Language Schools, 2207 - Hebrew SchoolFull time002867
Manages and coordinates the Middlebury School of Hebrew. Serves as the School's primary point of contact and advisor for past, current, and future students. Proactively communicates with students, Directors, faculty, institutional stakeholders, and external audiences regarding the Language Schools. Duties include student advising, application review and admission decisions; converting prospective students into enrolled students; developing and managing logistical and administrative arrangements for the summer session; and other administrative duties.
This is considered a fill-time 0.8 FTE (full time equivalent) hourly benefits eligible position. The salary range for the position is $25.45 - $38.15 per hour.
• Serves as the School's primary point of contact and advisor for past, current, and future students. Manages and maintains information within relevant information systems for all students participating in the Language Schools.
• For the School's degree program, monitors academic progress of graduate (M.A./D.M.L.) degree candidates.
• Proactively communicates with students, Directors, faculty, institutional stakeholders, and external audiences regarding the Language Schools. Advocates for the School's needs within the Language Schools and other departments. Advises/updates School Director on College and Language School policies and guidelines. Assists faculty in navigating institutional guidelines and policies.
• For the non-degree program, and in collaborating with the Schools' recruiting team, responsible for converting prospective students to applicants and applicants to enrolled students by providing advice regarding program selection, application process, scholarships and financial aid, Middlebury policies, health and safety, the immersive learning environment, and other academic and non-academic issues. Coordinates and administers placement testing. Analyzes school enrollments against budget projections and reports/provides input for reports on a regular basis.
• Reviews non-degree applications and makes admissions decisions (approve, deny) for students to participate in Middlebury Language Schools, conferring with the School Director and/or Dean of the Language Schools as needed.
• For the degree bearing programs, and in collaboration with the Schools' recruiting team, responsible for converting prospective students to applicants and applicants to enrolled students by providing advice regarding program selection, application process, scholarships and financial aid, degree requirements, career prospects, Middlebury policies, health and safety, the immersive learning environment, and other academic and non-academic issues. Coordinates and administers placement testing. Analyzes school enrollments against budget projections and reports/provides input for reports on a regular basis.
• Prepares degree applicant files for review by School Director or designated decision-maker. Coordinates the various options (Summer, Academic Year at MIIS) with the School Director, Registrar's Office, and conferring when necessary with the Dean. Reviews and makes decision on named scholarship recipients in accordance with scholarship guidelines. Reviews graduate course transfer requests and recommends decision to the Registrar's Office.
• Responsible for managing, planning and organizing the efficient operations of the School. Has responsibility and accountability for the preparation and delivery of all pre-arrival material for students enrolled in the Language Schools. Responsible for all logistical and administrative arrangements for summer session(s), including but not limited to classroom assignments, student and faculty housing, catering, lectures, performances, book orders, technology needs. Creates master schedule for summer session. Participates in the development, reviews the results, and makes adjustments accordingly for students' evaluations of the School. Assists with the School's budget administration.
• For degree programs, works with the Registrar's Office and Director to prepare course materials for degree student registrations and disseminates information.
• Maintains current knowledge of ADA policies, procedures, and services for students and faculty, and works closely with ADA office and LS administration in implementation of ADA accommodations. Maintains and applies knowledge of FERPA guidelines in management of student records.
• Serves as School's liaison with the institution's departments and services during the summer session. Facilitates orientation of new Directors and faculty to the College and community. Trains, coordinates, and supervises summer Bilingual Assistants. Responsible for efficient management of Bilingual Assistants' time and leave reporting. Manages student arrivals, on-boarding and housing assignment process. Processes summer registration including Add/Drop and final grades. Manages master schedule for summer session. Plans and organizes School events with Director and faculty. Establishes and oversees process for requesting room changes. Assigns and makes changes to student, faculty, and guest housing. Serves as significant point of contact for students, staff and faculty providing assistance and advice related but not limited to academic, operational and personal issues. Assists with the management of the School's budget resources.
• Provides assistance during peak periods and/or coverage during leave to Coordinator(s) including but not limited to: non-degree application preparation, review, and admissions decisions (approve, deny) conferring with the Coordinator, School Director and/or Dean of the Language Schools as needed; point of contact (telephone, email, in-person) for students; and assisting with operational functions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to advise students, individually and in groups, on complex student related matters.
• Ability to define and analyze complex situations, draw valid conclusions and project consequences of various alternative courses of action.
• Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work with people of all ages and levels (students, professionals, and colleagues).
• Ability to establish priorities and synthesize large amounts of detailed information about language programs, procedures, and requirements.
• Must be willing to take initiative and assume responsibility, but also work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Computer skills required MS Office and experience with CRMs preferred.
• Enthusiasm for language and cultural study in general.
5-10 years of professional experience in language education, international education, or related field preferred.
Offer is contingent on completion of a background check. Covid-19 vaccination, including booster if eligible, is a condition of employment. For more information follow this web link: https://www.middlebury.edu/office/covid-19-updates/covid-19-vaccine-requirements
As an employee of Middlebury College, you will enjoy being part of a vibrant supportive community.
• Middlebury Colleges offers its employees excellent compensation and competitive health, dental, life, disability, generous retirement matching, and vision benefits, Middlebury offers a generous time-away program - up to 34 days per year during the first two years of service, increasing as the term of service lengthens. Middlebury employees are eligible for robust educational assistance programs as well as free or reduced rates for cultural events and use of sporting facilities (including the College's golf course and Nordic and alpine ski area). The result is a very high quality-of-life in a gorgeous setting.
• Middlebury Colleges offers its employees excellent compensation and other perks of employment including:
• MiddCard Privileges: access to athletic facilities, discounts at the College store, library privileges, and discounts at cultural and sporting events. In addition, the card allows door access to certain campus buildings. Spouses or domestic partners of benefits-eligible employees are eligible to receive a Spouse/Partner card with the same privileges as the employee card (except door access).
• Discounts on season passes at Middlebury College Snow Bowl, the Ralph Myhre Golf Course and the Rikert Ski Touring Center.
• A full listing of our benefit offerings can be found on our website by following this web link: https://www.middlebury.edu/office/human-resources/... Come join us and be a part of our team!
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency