- Location details
- Flexible; office able to relocate currently in AL
- Position type
- Organization type
- Nonprofit organization
- Portuguese, Spanish
- Employment category
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH
The American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) seeks applications for an Executive Director with outstanding leadership and organization-building skills and significant general management background in the non-profit association sector.
The Executive Director is the key spokesperson for the organization, which promotes the study and teaching of Hispanic, Luso-Brazilian, and other related languages, literatures, and cultures at all educational levels at both the national and international levels.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
- Advocacy and outreach
- Partnership development and management
- Oversight of programs and publications
- Fiscal planning and fundraising
- Conference planning
- Strategic planning
- Office management and supervision of staff
- Communication with members, stakeholders, and affiliated organizations
- Travel to represent the organization in the United States and abroad
A full description of the Executive Director’s duties is available at aatsp.org.
- Master's, MBA, or JD degree minimum with one of the degrees in Spanish and/or Portuguese or related field
- Extensive experience in world language teaching, research, and administration or related experience
- Previous management experience with association, non-profit, and/or education, including supervision of staff
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups
- Demonstrated commitment to the role of world languages and cultures in US education and abroad
- Effective leadership, management, and finance skills within the context of a diverse organization
- Experience in with advocating for an organization and its causes within the legislative, educational, and community spheres
- Experience in developing mutually beneficial partnerships via formal agreements
- Experience in the teaching of a world language at any level preK-16+
- Effective communication skills in Spanish and/or Portuguese, with preference given to Spanish, and knowledge and understanding of the various cultures of the Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian worlds
- Understanding of the history and current trends in world language education
- Active participation in the world language teaching profession or related experience
- Membership and activity in AATSP (preferred) or another similar professional association
- Understanding of the by-laws and governance structure of the Association
- Experience with fundraising and writing and directing grants
Applicants should include a detailed letter with:
- Description of their experience and qualifications as they relate to the position
- Vision statement as it relates to the Association
- Statement on diversity, equity, access, and inclusion
- Salary and benefits requirements
Applicants will also provide:
- A current curriculum vitae
- 3-5 professional references
The deadline for application is September 30, 2022.
All applications will be acknowledged and held in strict confidence.
Review of applications will begin as they are received and continue until the position is filled.
Virtual interviews with candidates may begin as early as October 2022.
Executive Director to be identified in early 2023 to allow time for transition planning.
Full-time position begins on July 1, 2023.
Address inquiries and submit letter of application, curriculum vitae, and professional references to:
SUBJECT LINE: Exec Dir Search + (last name of applicant)
EXAMPLE: Exec Dir Search (Ferrer)
- Additional info: ED Job Description (334kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, Artificia…
University of Alberta
Laurance S. Rockefeller Visiting Fellow
University Center for Human Values, Princeton University
Anschutz Distinguished Fellow in American Studies
Princeton University Program in American Studies, Asian American Studies and Latino Studies
Asst or Assoc Professor of Teaching in Korean Lan…
Dept. of Asian Studies - University of British Columbia
Visiting Faculty Position in French