Open Rank Position, Latinx Performance
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Location details
- St. Louis, MO
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant, Professor, Associate, Professor, Full
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
We are seeking applications for an open-rank position in Latinx Performance with a focus on race and/or ethnicity to begin August 2023. The successful candidate will be home-based (75%) in Performing Arts with the remaining 25% of the appointment in American Culture Studies. While applications are not limited to those working in the following subfields, we are particularly interested in accomplished scholars or scholar-artists working in dance studies, writing for theater and performance, theater history, and performance studies. A terminal degree is required, as is a substantial record of publication or equivalent professional experience in practice-based research (for senior candidates) or evidence of comparable future activities (for junior candidates). Candidates whose work engages diasporic and/or hemispheric approaches; migration studies; and/or comparative or relational approaches to race/ethnicity in the U.S. (including candidates whose work intersects with Indigenous studies, Asian American studies, and Black studies) are also encouraged to apply.
Through the Race and Ethnicity Cluster Hire Initiative, Washington University in St. Louis aims to build a world-class research program on race. Two previous rounds of this cluster hire initiative took place in 2020-21 and 2021-22. This Initiative is funded by the Office of the Provost. It is supported by the Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity & Equity (CRE2), which was founded in 2019 and launched in 2020 to catalyze research, learning, and community at Washington University. Faculty hired through the Race and Ethnicity Cluster Hire Initiative are encouraged to become affiliates of CRE2.
We invite applications for tenured/tenure-track faculty positions across a range of fields, with a focus on the study of race and ethnicity. Candidates must have a PhD or other terminal degree in a field related to one or more of the units listed above, or else complete all degree requirements by July 1, 2023. Candidates must have an active and innovative research agenda focused on race and/or ethnicity and a commitment to excellent teaching. Candidates for the rank of associate or full professor should have an outstanding teaching, service, and publication record commensurate with tenure at that rank.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at Washington University in St. Louis. Strong candidates will be required to demonstrate the ability to create inclusive classrooms and environments in which a diverse array of students can learn and thrive. Washington University especially encourages applications from women and members of minoritized groups.
Applications should be received by October 3, 2022, to ensure full consideration. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae by this date. Additional materials may be requested upon initial review of applications, including a statement of research and teaching interests, a statement describing your commitment to and experiences with advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in teaching, research, and service, names and contact information for three references, and two writing samples. These supporting documents should not be submitted at this time, however. Applications may be submitted electronically via Interfolio. Applicants to the School of Law should apply using this link.
If applicants have questions about the application process, they should contact Professor David Cunningham at email@example.com.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those underrepresented in their academic fields. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or genetic information.
Employment eligibility verification required upon hire.
More search results
Chair and Professor, Department of Radio-Televisi…
The University of Texas at Austin
Dibner Family Chair, Professor, (Tandon, TCS)
NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Center for European Studies Director and Associat…
UF Center for European Studies
Associate Professor/Professor - Old English Langu…
University of Toronto, Arts & Science, Centre for Medieval Studies & Department of English
Core Faculty, MA/PhD Program in Mythological Stud…
Pacifica Graduate Institute