1-3 Full-Time Faculty Openings at Dept. of Foreign Languages & Literature, National Sun Yat-sen Uni.
- National Sun Yat-sen University
- Location details
- Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
- US $2490~2833 per month + year-end bonuses
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant, Professor, Associate, Professor, Full
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English, Japanese, French, Germanic, Russian, Spanish
- English education, Language teaching, Linguistics, Literature, American, Literature, British
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Other international
The Department of Foreign Languages & Literature at National Sun Yat-sen University in Kaohsiung, Taiwan (R.O.C.), invites applications for one to three full-time positions.
Successful applicants should:
1. have a Ph.D. in English and/or American Literature, European Literature, Comparative Literature, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Language Teaching, Language Education, Translation Studies, or a related field.
2. be able to teach any of the following languages: German, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, etc.
3. have published at least 1 article within the past five years in a journal indexed in SSCI (Social Sciences Citation Index), AHCI (Arts & Humanities Citation Index), TSSCI (Taiwan Social Sciences Citation Index), or THCI Core (Taiwan Humanities Citation Index Core).
Qualified applicants whose areas of specialty can complement the existing strengths of the department and/or expand our current curricula are particularly welcome to apply.
1. Application form (to download at http://www.zephyr.nsysu.edu.tw/downs2/archive.php?class=103 )
2. Cover letter in which you clearly state what language you can teach and how your specialty complements or expands the strengths of our department
3. CV, including a list of published works
4. Photocopy of PhD diploma (or MOE teaching certificate)
5. Verification of current employment
6. Three letters of recommendation
7. Offprints/samples of at least two publications within the last five years
8. Descriptions of at least two language-related courses you have taught or propose to teach
9. Photocopy of ID/Passport or ARC
10. A five-to-ten-minute video file of a teaching demonstration (please supply the link to the video file)
11. Other relevant supporting materials
Please note that a hard copy of the required documents must be sent to the address below. Application dossiers will not be returned to the sender.
Application Deadline: January 12, 2023
Department of Foreign Languages & Literature National Sun Yat-sen University
70 Lien-Hai Road, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan
Contact: Please email your application package to the Department's Chair, Professor Li-Ru Lu: email@example.com
(cc Maggie Chen: firstname.lastname@example.org)
TEL:886-7-5252000 ext. 3146 or 3132
- Application form: Application form--English (74kb) (the link will open in a new window)
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, English, English education, Professor, Assistant, Professor, Associate, French, Professor, Full, Germanic, Japanese, Language teaching, Linguistics, Russian, Spanish, Literature, American, Literature, British, Other international
More search results
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor…
BNU-HKBU United International College
Goldsmiths’ Professorship of English Literature
Faculty of English, University of Oxford
Faculty Position in the Department of English
American University of Sharjah
Director of Chinese Language
Tenure-track faculty positions
The American University of Beirut