Assistant Professor of English, tenure-track
- Montana State University-Northern
- Location details
- Havre, MT
- Commensurate with credentials & experience
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric, Technical and business writing, Technology and digital media
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
The College of Arts, Sciences, and Education at Montana State University Northern (MSUN), invites applications for an academic-year (10-month), tenure-track Assistant Professor of English position, anticipated to begin August 1, 2023. The responsibilities of the successful candidate include effectively teaching freshman writing courses, upper division writing courses such as Media Literacy and Public Relations Writing, upper division courses in the candidate’s area of specialization; and may include general education literature courses. Duties also include working collaboratively with faculty and other academic programs to design course content; effectively advising students, continuing the pursuit of scholarly, departmental, and institutional achievement; and engaging in curricular and programmatic design, program assessment, and national and state accreditation preparation.
This position provides support for the university’s general education core for all baccalaureate programs, the Liberal Studies degree, and the college’s secondary education 5-12 English bachelor’s degree.
Effective teaching is the primary mission of this position and MSU-Northern. For more information about this program and MSU-Northern, go to www.msun.edu.
· Doctoral degree in English, Media Literacy, Digital Humanities, Technical Writing, or closely related field by August 1, 2023
· Demonstrated expertise teaching freshman composition at the university level
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the application of technology to enhance teaching and learning
· Demonstrated ability to teach and work collaboratively and effectively with persons from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds
• Expertise in teaching digital humanities or media literacy
• Experience teaching public relations writing, writing for social media, and/or business writing
• Evidence of student-centered approaches to education
• Demonstrated effective online and/or hybrid teaching
Screening of applications will begin on October 4, 2022. Applicants must include a letter addressing each of the required and preferred qualifications noted above, professional and academic career goals, and interest in the position as well as a CV, unofficial transcripts, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references.
For more information about this position and to apply, please visit http://www.msun.edu/hr/employment.aspx.
Similar searches: Full-time, Composition and rhetoric, 4-year college or university, English, Professor, Assistant, Technical and business writing, Technology and digital media, Montana
More search results
Instructor, Creative Writing
Eastern Illinois University
Literature Administrator Coordinator
Lecturer of Hebrew
Case Western Reserve University Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
Faculty Fellow in Asian/Pacific/American Studies
New York University Arts and Science
Tenure Track Position in Linguistics and Pedagogy
Department of English, National Central University