Assistant Professor of Peninsular Literature and Cultural Studies, Languages and Literature
- Location details
- Pocatello, Idaho
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
The Department of Global Studies & Languages in the College of Arts and Letters at Idaho State University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor of Peninsular Literature and Cultural Studies. Key responsibilities for this position include:
- The successful candidate will teach Spanish language and Peninsular literature and culture at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- They will teach three courses per semester distributed across undergraduate and graduate Spanish programs such as Survey of Peninsular Culture and Literature, Topics in Peninsular Literature and Culture, and Composition and Conversation.
- As an integral part of our online Master’s program, they will develop fully online coursework at the graduate level in Peninsular literature and culture and contribute to the curricular development and assessment in the Spanish programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The successful candidate is expected to maintain an active research agenda as well as be actively engaged in service to the department, college, and university.
The department is housed within the ISU College of Arts and Letters. As a college, we pride ourselves on being a community of scholars who make meaningful, professional contributions to our disciplines, departments, university, and community. This includes being passionate about providing outstanding learning opportunities for our students, many of whom are first-generation college students from Idaho. We also pride ourselves on our commitment to working collegially with other members of the department to achieve university goals to meet our collective mission. Our goal in the College of Arts and Letters is to work together in putting students first, and we expect all our faculty to embrace this core value.
- PhD (ABD with confirmed completion date before August 2023 may be considered) in Spanish
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English
- Online teaching experience
- Evidence of ongoing scholarly activity
- Experience teaching diverse populations including first generation college students
- Background in Spanish Language Acquisition methods or Spanish for Professional Purposes
- Experience with heritage speakers of Spanish
- Familiarity with ACTFL standards
You must submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. Letters and inquiries may be addressed to Dr. Liz Moreno Chuquen, Search Committee Chair, Global Studies and Languages. This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received by October 28, 2022. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor of East Asian Langua…
Global Studies and Languages ISU
Assistant or Associate Professor Position in Theo…
Lit Program, Duke University
Assistant Professor, Spanish
Assistant Professor in Caribbean Cultural Studies…
Latin American & Iberian Cultures - Columbia University
Assistant Professor of Italian and French
University of Florida - Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures