Full Time Lecturer in French
- Location details
- Medford, MA
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of Romance Studies at Tufts University invites applications for a full-time lecturer position in French language to begin September 1, 2023, with possibility of renewal. This position is benefits-eligible.
- Teaching 6 elementary, intermediate and advanced French languages courses per year, 3 in the Fall and 3 in the Spring
- Engaging in curriculum-related activities
- Serving as pre-major and major advisor
- Serving on a School of Arts & Sciences or University committee
Requirements and skills
- Masters’ degree required; Ph.D. in French or related field preferred
- Native or near-native fluency in French and English essential
- Demonstrated excellence in designing and teaching French language at the college level (experience in the U.S. preferred)
- Evidence of creative pedagogical practice reflecting knowledge of current methodologies
- Command of instructional technology applied to language learning
- Evidence of a commitment to designing curricula that address issues of equity and justice with a focus on marginalized communities
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
To apply, please submit a letter of application, a CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, and have three confidential letters of reference which should be directly uploaded to Interfolio by recommenders. All materials must be submitted via Interfolio. Note that our department is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and candidates’ materials should address how they will promote these priorities in their professional career.
Questions about the position may be directed to Bridget Erickson at email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of a background check and meeting the University’s current COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
Tufts University, founded in 1852, prioritizes quality teaching, highly competitive basic and applied research, and a commitment to active citizenship locally, regionally, and globally. Tufts University has also committed to becoming an anti-racist institution and prides itself on the continuous improvement of diversity, equity and inclusion work. Current and prospective employees of the university are expected to have and continuously develop skill in, and disposition for, positively engaging with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students.
Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff and fostering their success when hired. Members of underrepresented groups are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. See the University’s Non-Discrimination statement and policy here https://oeo.tufts.edu/policies-procedures/non-discrimination/. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) at 617-627-3298 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants can learn more about requesting reasonable accommodations at https://oeo.tufts.edu/
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Lecturer/instructor, French, Language teaching, Massachusetts
More search results
Faculty in World Literature (Bard High School Ear…
Non-tenure-track Adjunct Lecturer in Spanish
Northwestern Spanish and Portuguese
Writing Center Coordinator
Virginia Military Institute
Assistant Professor of English
Virginia Military Institute
Visting Lecturer in French
Wellesley College, Department of French and Francophone Studies