Assistant Professor of US Indigenous Studies and Early American Literature
- Florida Atlantic University
- Location details
- Boca Raton, FL
- Commensurate with experience
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Literature, American, Literature, other minority
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
The Department of English at Florida Atlantic University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position to begin August 2023. We invite applications from candidates with teaching and research interests in US Indigenous Studies and Colonial/Early American Literature. Special consideration may be given to candidates whose work speaks to or involves Environmental Studies and/or Digital Humanities. The hired candidate will teach on the Boca Raton campus. We seek a candidate who will balance high-quality scholarship, excellence in teaching, and committed service. Faculty typically teach a 3-2 course schedule. Faculty teach and mentor graduate students enrolled in the department's Master’s Degree programs in English and Creative Writing.
The Department of English is committed to creating an accessible, supportive environment and an educational experience that recognizes diversity and cultural competence as integral components of academic excellence. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Further information about the Department can be found at: https://www.fau.edu/artsandletters/english/
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The new hire will be responsible to the Chair of English
- Responsible for teaching, research, service, and related administrative activities.
- Responsible for academic advising and related activities.
- The new hire may represent the department, college, and/or university, on college, university and/or Statewide committees.
- The new hire may contribute to the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters Interdisciplinary PhD program.
- The new hire may contribute to the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters university’s Center for Peace, Justice, and Human Rights.
- The new faculty member may also collaborate with interdisciplinary programs on campus such as Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
- The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to participate in the Study of the Americas Initiative.
Minimum qualifications include a PhD in English or Comparative Literature, or related field, at the time of appointment, publication record in the field, and relevant teaching experience at the college level. The successful candidate should demonstrate and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Preferred Qualifications: Research and/or teaching interests in Environmental Studies and/or Digital Humanities.
Commensurate with Experience
College or Department:
November 15, 2022
Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
This position is subject to funding.
FAU’s Career Page permits the attachment of required/requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into one attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
When completing the online application, please upload all required documentation noted here: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae.
The selected candidate for this position is required to submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required for the candidate selected for this position.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
More search results
Assistant Professor of African American Literatur…
Southern New Hampshire University
Assistant or Associate Professor of Composition
Department of Humanities-Michigan Technological University
Instructional Assistant or Instructional Associat…
Texas A&M University
Assistant Professor in Film Studies
Texas A&M University
A. W. Mellon Junior Faculty Fellowship in Medieva…