Visiting Assistant Professor, Spanish
- Location details
- Springfield, Ohio
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
Thank you for considering Wittenberg University in your search.
About Wittenberg University:
Please visit the About Wittenberg page to learn more about the University.
The Department of World Languages and Cultures at Wittenberg University seeks to hire a full-time, one-year, visiting assistant professor beginning August 1, 2023. Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Teaching responsibilities include all levels of undergraduate Spanish courses.
A Ph.D. in any area of Spanish and/or Latin American Studies is required; candidates that are ABD working toward Ph.D. completion will be considered. Candidates must have a strong commitment and interest in teaching in the liberal arts and sciences context. Additionally, the position requires native or near native fluency in English and Spanish. We seek a generalist with college-level experience teaching language and culture and who employs innovative, interdisciplinary approaches to teaching. For further information about the position, please contact the chair of the Department of World Languages and Cultures at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness as well as participate in maintaining a respectful, positive work environment. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
Wittenberg University is committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct in our campus community. Click here to view our Title IX policies.
Review of applications will begin on December 1 and continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants must apply online; applications will not be accepted by email or postal mail. As part of the application process, please upload:
- A cover letter/letter of application
- A curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy containing evidence of successful teaching
- A statement that addresses your interest in teaching in a baccalaureate program at a liberal arts college and how your experiences with teaching, scholarship, and/or service might contribute to a college community that includes a commitment to diversity and inclusion as one of its core values.
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation: please ask your referees (three) to send their recommendation letters via email directly to Brandon Weeber, Academic Administrative Assistant (email@example.com).
Applicants who require accommodation during any stage of the hiring process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (937) 327-7517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.