Associate Professor/Professor in Modern South Asian Studies
- Location details
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant, Professor, Full
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Other languages
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- New York
The Department of Middle Eastern, South Asian and African Studies at Columbia University invites applications for a tenured appointment in modern South Asian Studies. The appointment will be at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. The department seeks a scholar with an excellent record of research and publication, in any relevant field of the humanities or the humanistic social sciences.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2022; the position will remain open until filled. On-campus interviews will take place early in the spring semester. The appointment will begin on July 1, 2023.
All applications must be made through Columbia University’s Academic Search and Recruiting (ASR) system. Please upload the following required materials:
• Cover letter explaining research and teaching interests and plans for future research
• Curriculum vitae
• Contact information for referees (who may be asked to upload letters to the ASR/Interfolio system at a later stage in the search process, after candidates are shortlisted)
• Diversity statement (addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching, professional activity, and/or service)
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran