Director of Language Instruction, Italian
- University of Minnesota
- Location details
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of French & Italian in the College of Liberal Arts invites applications for a full-time, nine-month appointment at the rank of Lecturer, beginning August 28, 2023. The successful candidate for the Director of Language Instructor (DLI) position in Italian should expect to continue the development of a rigorous undergraduate language program, engage in outstanding teaching, as well as serving as the primary contact for students regarding placements, grade concerns, and other administrative needs related to the Italian language program. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Ph.D. degree in Italian Studies or related field.
- Two years of teaching experience
- Demonstrated commitment to equal opportunity, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent skills in communication (written and oral), multicultural awareness, mastering and disseminating complex information, computer literacy (including word processing, database usage, e-mail, web searching, and reporting), and time management.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Interest in theory and practice of academic advising and student support.
- Leadership and decision making experience
- The successful applicant will have proficiency in both Italian and Spanish
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, go to https://z.umn.edu/ItalianDLI or visit https://hr.umn.edu/Jobs/Find-Job and click “External Applicants.” Search for Job Opening ID 352174. Click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
Additional documents can be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section. If you have any trouble getting your documents uploaded, please contact the department administrator, Keiko Ehret at email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed beginning December 1, 2022; this position will remain open until filled.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.