Lecturer, German Studies
- Location details
- Tucson, AZ
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of German Studies invites applications for a two-year lecturer position, beginning August 2023.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach three courses each semester, including general education courses and upper-level language, literature, and culture courses for German majors and minors.
- Hold office hours
- Active involvement in student recruitment, curriculum and program discussions and processes
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in German Studies or related field by May 2023
- Native or near-native fluency in German and English is required
- Areas of expertise in German-language literature and culture since 1800.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Experience with both online and face-to-face instruction
- Experience with and knowledge of language learning and teaching methods and innovations for teaching undergraduate majors and minors in German Studies and general education courses.
Application deadline: March 1, 2023
The Department has been designated an AATG Center of Excellence. Additionally, the University of Arizona, a land-grant university recently designated a Hispanic-serving institution, is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that mission are encouraged to speak to their experiences in this area.