Assistant/Associate Professor of English
- Location details
- 1 Lancer Way, Grace College, Winona Lake, Indiana
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant, Professor, Associate
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric, Generalist, Creative writing, Literature, American, Literature, multicultural
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
Grace College invites applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of English. We seek a generalist with broad teaching interests and are especially interested in candidates with expertise in one or
more of the following areas: creative writing, composition, American literature, professional or journalistic writing, and/or ethnic and minority literatures. Responsibilities include teaching, advising, department and
college service, scholarly activity, and professional development. In addition to teaching in their areas of specialization, the successful candidate will teach some core courses such as first-year writing.
Grace College is a Christ-centered liberal arts college informed by pietist and evangelical traditions. Located in the resort community of Winona Lake, near Warsaw, Indiana (36 miles west of Ft. Wayne), Grace College
offers 90+ majors and minors. Central to our mission is developing character, sharpening competence, and preparing for service. Our goal in Christian living and teaching is to make Christ preeminent in all things. The programs of the college, as well as its Community Lifestyle Statement, are designed to encourage serious academic inquiry, a biblical worldview, spiritual understanding, and social conscience, all in the context of God's grace.
The Department of Humanities is housed within the School of Arts & Sciences and includes the English & Journalism Program, Modern Languages Program, Communication Program, and History & Political Science Program. Our department sponsors writers’ workshops, author talks and book signings, a literary magazine, a campus newspaper, faculty-led trips, and other activities. We welcome an innovative colleague who is enthusiastic about mentoring students, fostering intellectual community, and engaging in interdisciplinary collaboration. We also seek a colleague whose views are compatible with our institution’s doctrinal
commitments as articulated in the Covenant of Faith and embodied in the Community Lifestyle Statement.
- A Ph.D. in English or other terminal degree with a focus on writing, American literature, or related area(s)
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in higher education
- A strong commitment to the mission and values of a Christian liberal arts institution and a desire to integrate faith with learning in all areas of life
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to collaborate with colleagues and students
- Evidence of scholarly achievement and potential
- M.F.A. in creative writing
- Additional relevant area(s) of knowledge, professional experience, and/or teaching ability (e.g. American literature, ethnic and minority literatures, journalistic or professional writing, etc.)
Application Process: Applications may be found at https://www.grace.edu/about/grace-college/employment/current-openings/
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, apply by February 1, 2023. For questions about this position, contact Dept. of HumanitiesChair Dr. Lauren Rich (email@example.com). The start date for this position is August 2023.
Similar searches: Full-time, Composition and rhetoric, 4-year college or university, Creative writing, English, Professor, Assistant, Professor, Associate, Generalist, Literature, American, Indiana, Literature, multicultural