Lecturer - Portuguese
- Location details
- Baltimore, MD
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Portuguese, Other languages
- Language teaching, Linguistics, Literature, non-English, Speech and communications
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at the Johns Hopkins University seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer in Portuguese with a projected appointment date of January 1, 2023. The successful candidate will teach 3 undergraduate courses per semester in the Portuguese Language Program. Appointment is for a three-year period, with an initial probationary period of one year, and is renewable. This position bears the University benefits standard for full-time employees.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate Certificate in foreign languages teaching required, M.A. or equivalent credential required, PhD desirable by time of appointment with a concentration in one or more of the following areas: Applied Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition, Foreign Language Pedagogy (Portuguese).
- Near-native or native-like fluency in both Portuguese and English.
- Familiarity with CELPE-Bras and ACTFL language assessment
- At least two years of experience teaching college-level Portuguese. Desirable, but not required, is experience in developing and teaching undergraduate courses on linguistic diversity in the Lusophone world; Portuguese language for specific purposes; and writing/speaking at the advanced level. Candidates with a research profile who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
Requirements: Please submit via Interfolio a cover letter, C.V., three letters of recommendation, a teaching statement, and sample teaching evaluations from 3 different courses.
Materials should be addressed to the attention of Dr. Flavia Azeredo-Cerqueira, Director of the Portuguese Language Program, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures.
Applications are due November 28, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Lecturer/instructor, Language teaching, Portuguese, Linguistics, Other languages, Literature, non-English, Speech and communications, Maryland
More search results
Instructor, Creative Writing
Eastern Illinois University
Literature Administrator Coordinator
Lecturer of Hebrew
Case Western Reserve University Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
Faculty Fellow in Asian/Pacific/American Studies
New York University Arts and Science
Tenure Track Position in Linguistics and Pedagogy
Department of English, National Central University