Lecturer - Portuguese
- Location details
- Baltimore, MD
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Portuguese, Other languages
- Language teaching, Linguistics, Literature, non-English, Speech and communications
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at the Johns Hopkins University seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer in Portuguese with a projected appointment date of January 1, 2023. The successful candidate will teach 3 undergraduate courses per semester in the Portuguese Language Program. Appointment is for a three-year period, with an initial probationary period of one year, and is renewable. This position bears the University benefits standard for full-time employees.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate Certificate in foreign languages teaching required, M.A. or equivalent credential required, PhD desirable by time of appointment with a concentration in one or more of the following areas: Applied Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition, Foreign Language Pedagogy (Portuguese).
- Near-native or native-like fluency in both Portuguese and English.
- Familiarity with CELPE-Bras and ACTFL language assessment
- At least two years of experience teaching college-level Portuguese. Desirable, but not required, is experience in developing and teaching undergraduate courses on linguistic diversity in the Lusophone world; Portuguese language for specific purposes; and writing/speaking at the advanced level. Candidates with a research profile who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
Requirements: Please submit via Interfolio a cover letter, C.V., three letters of recommendation, a teaching statement, and sample teaching evaluations from 3 different courses.
Materials should be addressed to the attention of Dr. Flavia Azeredo-Cerqueira, Director of the Portuguese Language Program, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures.
Applications are due November 28, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Lecturer/instructor, Language teaching, Portuguese, Linguistics, Other languages, Literature, non-English, Speech and communications, Maryland
More search results
Assistant Professor Comparative and World Literat…
Assistant / Associate / Full Professor of Classics
University of Utah - Department of World Languages & Cultures
Tenure Track Professor (Open Rank) of Caribbean a…
SUNY-University at Buffalo
Assistant Professor, Jews in the Muslim World
University of California Irvine
Assistant Professor in Comparative East European …
University of California San Diego