- Bilkent University CCI
- Location details
- Ankara, TURKEY
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Comparative literature, Humanities
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Other international
Bilkent University’s Faculty of Humanities and Letters announces multiple openings in the Program in Cultures, Civilizations & Ideas. The CCI Program is staffed by an interdisciplinary team of scholars from diverse fields in the humanities, and is primarily responsible for teaching a mandatory two-semester sequence course in literature and philosophy to most undergraduates at the university. Additional teaching opportunities, such as honors seminars or humanities electives, arise occasionally.
- Candidates should have a PhD in any field in the humanities completed before September 2020.
- All applicants should have publication records commensurate with their respective career stages and evidence of future research potential in their fields.
- We welcome those with excellent records of teaching at the college level and who enjoy engaging with students from diverse backgrounds.
- In addition to specialized expertise in their own fields, candidates should demonstrate proficiency in teaching works of philosophy and literature from different eras and traditions, as well as a broad educational background in the humanities.
- Scholars committed to interdisciplinary and comparative work, whether in their research or their teaching, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Experience in teaching text-based “Great Books” courses is also especially desirable.
- Initial screening interviews will be held at the Career Center of the MLA Convention in Seattle, January 8th-11th, or via SKYPE.
- Expected starting date is September 1st, 2020.
- Standard teaching load is 3-3 (one prep), with a teaching load reduction available in the first two years.
- An active research agenda is expected. Support includes substantial funding for conference travel and potential for sabbatical leave following the third year.
- Our service load tends to be modest, but each department member is expected to contribute.
Bilkent University, located in Ankara, is the oldest independent non-profit research university in Turkey. All classes are conducted in English. Salary is competitive and includes a fully-furnished and rent-free apartment on campus. Couples are encouraged to apply. Applications are to be made online at: https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/staffapp/CCI2019 . Complete applications must include a Curriculum Vitae, a letter of application specific to this position and a statement of teaching to be submitted online. Additionally, three confidential letters of reference must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance, contact Dr. Mustafa Nakeeb, Coordinator, at email@example.com. Application deadline is 10 December, 2019 19:00 UTC+3.
More search results
Assistant Professor in Second Language Acquisitio…
Connecticut College (Hispanic Studies Department)
Assistant Professor of TESOL
Mississippi State University- English Department
Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship in Jud…
Northwestern Department of Spanish and Portuguese
Tenure Track Position in Indigenous Studies
Department of English - Ryerson University
Professor and Department Chair (English)
UTSA Department of English