Assistant Teaching Professor of Writing
- Babson College
- Location details
- Wellesley, Massachusetts 02457 United States
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Division of Arts and Humanities at Babson College invites applicants for a full-time Assistant Teaching Professor (non-tenure-track) position in Writing. The successful candidate will teach primarily in the Writing Program—our foundational, two-course writing sequence—with occasional opportunities to teach intermediate and advanced courses and/or a first-year interdisciplinary course called Foundations of Critical Inquiry. We seek applicants with significant pedagogical experience as well as scholarly and/or other professional experience with rhetoric and composition. Secondary interests include but are not limited to multi-ethnic literatures of the United States, multicultural rhetoric, global literature, social and environmental justice, or related disciplines. Our ideal candidate demonstrates evidence of teaching effectiveness and is committed to DEI principles and anti-racist pedagogy. The teaching load for this position is 3/3.
Courses in the Arts and Humanities Division at Babson explore how literary, philosophical, visual, and other artistic expression creates culture, imagines community, and explores the human condition. Students are challenged to cultivate ethical structures for interrogating the world, understanding choices, and making decisions. Through the study of formal, aesthetic concerns, students also explore how the arts inspire joy while educating and enriching us. Our talented and diverse faculty represents a range of disciplines in creative writing, ethnomusicology, film studies, literature, philosophy, theatre, and studio art.
As a member of the faculty, the ideal candidate will exhibit a desire to engage with the Babson community to provide both divisional and college-wide service.
A complete application will include:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching statement that details how current scholarship in rhetoric and writing studies informs the candidate's pedagogy and research (500 words maximum).
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness including student opinion surveys.
- Letters of Recommendation
Applications are due by January 15, 2023 through Babson's online employment site.
- Ph.D. or other terminal degree in hand by September 1, 2023
- Demonstration of a commitment to excellence in teaching
- Evidence of an active professional career, which may include scholarly work in rhetoric and composition, literary research and writing, and/or the scholarship of teaching and learning.
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor of Literature and Cr…
Arts Professor of Film and New Media Program, Ope…
New York University Abu Dhabi
Visiting Assistant Professor of the Writing Progr…
Assistant Professor of English, 1-yr Term, Start …
Assistant Professor of the Practice in English / …
Fairfield University English Department