Assistant Teaching Professor in Comparative Cultural Studies (Environmental Humanities)
- Location details
- Flagstaff, AZ
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of Comparative Cultural Studies (CCS) at Northern Arizona University seeks to hire an Assistant Teaching Professor in Comparative Cultural Studies for an academic year position, commencing in Fall 2023, contracted yearly. Responsibilities include teaching courses with a focus on the department’s introductory and General Studies courses, including but not limited to Environmental Humanities (HUM 175), Introduction to the Global Humanities (HUM 101), Applied Humanities (HUM 195), service contributions; and maintaining currency in their field via scholarship/outreach activities.
PhD conferred by appointment date in a Humanities discipline with a strong Environmental Humanities component.
- Two semesters' experience teaching at the college or university level.
- Experience teaching introductory Humanities courses or Environmental Humanities courses.
- Evidence of teaching/scholarship in Environmental Humanities or Public Humanities.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching, research, and/or service.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the job description if viewing this position through the NAU HR website. Otherwise, to view the original post and to apply, proceed to nau.jobs, follow the 'Current Openings' links, locate vacancy 606803, and then "Apply" at the bottom of the page.
Application must include:
- Cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position. As a department, CCS is committed to diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion; please also address your experience and/or plans to advance DEIJ at NAU.
- Curriculum vita with contact information.
- Teaching materials including at least two relevant sample syllabi and teaching evaluations from students and/or peers from two semesters.
- Names and contact information for three references.
If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the HR website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.