Assistant Teaching Professor in Comparative Cultural Studies (REL/HUM)
- Location details
- Flagstaff, AZ
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of Comparative Cultural Studies (CCS) at Northern Arizona University seeks to hire an Assistant Teaching Professor in Comparative Cultural Studies for an academic year position, commencing in Fall 2023, contracted yearly. Responsibilities include teaching courses with a focus on the department’s introductory and General Studies courses, including but not limited to Religions of the World (REL 150), Religion and the Public Sphere (REL 285), and Introduction to the Global Humanities (HUM 101); service contributions; and maintaining currency in their field via scholarship/outreach activities.
- PhD conferred by appointment date in Religious Studies, an equivalent degree program, or other Humanities discipline with a strong religious studies component.
- Experience teaching at the college or university level.
- Experience teaching Religions of the World and/or introductory Humanities courses.
- Evidence of teaching/scholarship in Religious Studies or Humanities.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching, research, and/or service.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the job description if viewing this position through the NAU HR website. Otherwise, to view the original post and to apply, proceed to nau.jobs, follow the 'Current Openings' links, locate vacancy 606802, and then "Apply" at the bottom of the page.
Application must include:
- Cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position. As a department, CCS is committed to diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion; please also address your experience and/or plans to advance DEIJ at NAU.
- Curriculum vita with contact information
- Teaching materials including at least two relevant sample syllabi and teaching evaluations from students and/or peers.
- Names and contact information for three references
If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the HR website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
More search results
Assistant or Associate Professor of Practice, Spa…
Visiting Assistant Professor of East Asian Langua…
Global Studies and Languages ISU
Visiting Assistant Professor of Literature and Cr…
Arts Professor of Film and New Media Program, Ope…
New York University Abu Dhabi
Assistant Professor in Residence, First-Year Writ…
University of Connecticut