Instructor of Spanish
- Winthrop WLAC
- Location details
- Rock Hill, SC
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- South Carolina
Winthrop University: College of Arts and Sciences
Rock Hill, South Carolina
The Department of World Languages and Cultures at Winthrop University invites applications for a nine-month, full-time, non-tenure track position of Instructor in Spanish, to teach university-level classes for Dual Language Immersion students.
Salary competitive, and dependent upon qualifications.
- Teach a full load each semester in composition/conversation, advanced grammar, and other courses as needed
- Engaging in departmental support and academic responsibility
- Fostering the growth and interests of students in language disciplines
- Coordinating with the Coordinator of Pre-College programs to support high school students enrolled in the Winthrop's Language Immersion Partnership
- M.A. or Ph.D. in Spanish
- Minimum of 18 credit hours at the graduate level in Spanish
- K-12 or secondary certification and/or teaching experience preferred
- Letter of application that addresses the position, with statement of teaching philosophy
- Current curriculum vitae
- Evidence of teaching excellence
- Three letters of recommendation
- All graduate transcripts (unofficial are acceptable for initial review; official transcripts needed for final appointment)
Review of applicants will begin on Feb. 15th and continue until the position is filled.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Winthrop University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Winthrop's Language Immersion Partnership