Lecturer in Asian American Studies
- EMR, Harvard University
- Location details
- Cambridge, MA
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
The Committee on Ethnicity, Migration, Rights seek applications for a Lecturer in Asian American Studies. Especially encouraged to apply are candidates whose work foregrounds interdisciplinary methodologies, and whose teaching can engage multiple Asian American diasporas and historical periods. An ability to teach Asian American studies through a comparative or relational ethnic studies lens, including engagements with Pacific Islander studies, is also preferred.
The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2023 and will carry a 2:2 teaching load, distributed as one lecture course and one seminar each semester. The Lecturer position is for three years, with the second two years contingent on a satisfactory performance review during the first year.
Doctorate in a related discipline required by the time the appointment begins, strong interdisciplinary background, teaching experience. Demonstrated strong commitment to teaching is desired. (Finalist candidates will submit a teaching portfolio and sample seminar descriptions.)
Please submit the following materials through the ARIeS portal (https://academicpositions.harvard.edu). Review of applications will begin February 12, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
1. Cover letter, including a description of teaching experience, and any efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging in the classroom
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Writing sample, such as a journal article or dissertation chapter
4. Names and contact information of three referees, who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation if the candidate is invited to interview for the position. Three letters of recommendation must be received in order for the candidate to be short-listed for the position.
5. If the candidate advances to the finalist round, they will be asked to submit a teaching portfolio and description of two seminars they could teach. These materials must be received before the candidate’s finalist interview. For more information here.
Similar searches: 4-year college or university, Lecturer/instructor, Temporary, Massachusetts
More search results
Non-tenure-track Adjunct Lecturer in Spanish
Northwestern Spanish and Portuguese
Visting Lecturer in French
Wellesley College, Department of French and Francophone Studies
Visiting Instructor of Chinese
Director, International Education
Dept. of World Languages and Cultures Wittenberg University
Instructor of Italian
University of Missouri - School of Languages, Literatures & Cultures