Language & Literature Faculty
- Wayne State College
- Location details
- Wayne, Nebraska
- Annual salary will be between $55,000-$61,000.
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
Wayne State College is seeking an Assistant Professor in English (Early Modern British Literature/Shakespeare/pre-1800)
Wayne State College Department of Language and Literature invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Early Modern British Literature/Shakespeare/pre-1800 to begin August 2023. The candidate will teach a 4-4 load, including Shakespeare, British Literature I, Classical Mythology, Critical Approaches to Literature, and general studies courses. A candidate with additional expertise in linguistics is preferred.
Nature of work:
Responsible for providing instruction in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the College.
1. Contribute to students’ academic growth and development
2. Teaching a 4-4 load including Shakespeare, British Literature I, Classical Mythology, Critical Approaches to Literature, and general studies courses
3. Advise students by assisting in the development, implementation, and assessment of the departmental enrollment management plan, including serving directly in student recruitment, retention, and success strategies
4. Professional achievement and continual preparation and study through scholarly and creative activity
5. Professional services rendered outside the academic discipline in ways other than teaching that contribute to the work of the College vary from individual to individual. Service to the college and community, and profession related to the professional assignment includes the following:
A. Participate in campus and community presentations
B. Serve on discipline, department, school, and campus-wide committees and initiatives
C. Take an active role in discipline, departmental, and school accreditation and reaccreditation activities, as appropriate and as assigned
D. Periodically evaluate and develop new courses, where necessary, consistent with the role and mission of the institution, school and department
E. Sponsor student organizations, as appropriate and assigned, and participate in student-based activities
F. Provide leadership in professional organizations and/or good citizenship in the community at large
G. Foster and sustain collegial relations with campus, community and profession
6. Other duties as assigned by Dean.
Strong preference will be granted to applicants with a completed doctoral degree at the time of application; ABD considered.
Wayne State College has been educating students for more than 100 years. Located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln, the College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest. One of three members of the Nebraska State College System, the College distinguishes itself by providing educational excellence in a small, personalized setting. The beautiful 128-acre campus serves over 3,900 students who have a choice of more than 130 programs of study. In fall 2020, the College welcomed the second largest freshmen class in its history, driven by new academic programs and partnerships, updated and new facilities, and a continuing focus on supporting students with generous scholarships in their academic and co-curricular experiences. Wayne State has been the recipient of a number of awards, honors, and distinctions due to its commitment to service, student success, and providing an exceptional education at an affordable cost. The entire community is focused on making Wayne State a great place for students to thrive and advance their futures, and there is a collective sense of excitement about the future of the College.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, English, Professor, Assistant, Nebraska
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor | Department of Engl…
Assistant Professor of English, tenure-track
Montana State University-Northern
Visiting Assistant Professor of English
The University of Tampa
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor…
BNU-HKBU United International College