Visiting Assistant Professor of Mexican/Latinx Literature,
- University of Cincinnati
- Location details
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- REQ: 92372
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
The Department of Romance and Arabic Languages and Literatures (RALL) in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for the position of Visiting Assistant Professor of Mexican and/or U.S. Latinx literature written in Spanish. This is a one-year position with the possibility of a second-year renewal.
The successful candidate can expect to:
- Teach two courses per semester in RALL at the undergraduate and graduate levels. These courses may include, but not be limited to, Spanish language, Mexican/Latinx literature, media, culture, and/or creative writing courses from the introductory to the advanced graduate levels;
- Utilize innovative technologies and teaching methods from prior teaching experience, including Distance/Online Learning;
- Maintain an active research agenda which involves conducting original research and publishing in one’s area(s) of expertise.
All of the following are required prior to the effective date of the appointment, which is August 15, 2023:
- PhD in Spanish.
- Minimum of three academic years of experience teaching courses in Spanish language, Spanish, Latin American, or Latinx literature or culture at the college (undergraduate or graduate) level, which could have been as a teaching assistant, adjunct or full-time faculty.
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish.
Interested and qualified applicants must complete our online application. In addition to the application, candidates must submit:
- Letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for the position
- Current curriculum vitae
- One-page diversity statement
- Teaching evaluations
- University transcripts of all graduate work
Please use the additional documents feature to attach the required information. Additionally, three letters of recommendation should be sent by the recommenders to the Chair of the Search Committee, either directly or via Interfolio, Dr. Carlos Gutiérrez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2023 and the search will remain open until an appointment is made.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Similar searches: 4-year college or university, Temporary, Professor, Assistant, Spanish, Ohio
More search results
Instructor, Creative Writing
Eastern Illinois University
Literature Administrator Coordinator
Lecturer of Hebrew
Case Western Reserve University Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
Faculty Fellow in Asian/Pacific/American Studies
New York University Arts and Science
Tenure Track Position in Linguistics and Pedagogy
Department of English, National Central University