Lecturer, German Studies
- Location details
- Tucson, AZ
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of German Studies at the University of Arizona invites applications for a one-year lecturer position in German Studies, beginning August 2023. This position will teach in-person general education courses and upper-level language, literature, and culture courses for German majors and minors.
Alumni Jacquelynn and Bennett Dorrance have made a gift commitment of $5.4 million to endow the deanship of the University of Arizona College of Humanities and inspire on campus and throughout the world a continuous and fearless spirit of open inquiry: https://humanities.arizona.edu/about/fearless-inquiries-project.
This career-track appointment is not eligible for tenure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the first four semesters of language courses, including supervising graduate assistant teachers and overseeing the implementation of the curriculum.
- Teach one course in the Fall semester and two courses in the Spring semester (general education, and/or upper/lower-level language, literature, and culture courses for German majors and minors).
- Hold office hours.
- Active involvement in student recruitment, curriculum and program discussions and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in German Studies, Second Language Acquisition, or related field by May 2023.
- Native or near-native fluency in German and English is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- Experience with both online and face-to-face instruction.
- Experience with and knowledge of language learning and teaching methods and innovations for teaching undergraduate majors and minors in German Studies and general education courses.
- Demonstrated research expertise in applied linguistics or second language learning and teaching.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Lecturer/instructor, Arizona, Germanic
More search results
Position Number 00050087 Non Tenure-Track Lecture…
Southern Methodist University, Dedman College, Department of World Languages and Literatures
Visiting Assistant Professor of German Studies
Swarthmore College Dept of Modern Languages and Literatues
Lecturer – English Composition
University of North Carolina Wilmington
French Visiting Assistant Professor
Case Western Reserve University Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
Visiting Assistant Professor of English
The University of Tampa