Lecturer, German Studies
- Location details
- Tucson, AZ
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of German Studies at the University of Arizona invites applications for a one-year lecturer position in German Studies, beginning August 2023. This position will teach in-person general education courses and upper-level language, literature, and culture courses for German majors and minors.
Alumni Jacquelynn and Bennett Dorrance have made a gift commitment of $5.4 million to endow the deanship of the University of Arizona College of Humanities and inspire on campus and throughout the world a continuous and fearless spirit of open inquiry: https://humanities.arizona.edu/about/fearless-inquiries-project.
This career-track appointment is not eligible for tenure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the first four semesters of language courses, including supervising graduate assistant teachers and overseeing the implementation of the curriculum.
- Teach one course in the Fall semester and two courses in the Spring semester (general education, and/or upper/lower-level language, literature, and culture courses for German majors and minors).
- Hold office hours.
- Active involvement in student recruitment, curriculum and program discussions and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in German Studies, Second Language Acquisition, or related field by May 2023.
- Native or near-native fluency in German and English is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- Experience with both online and face-to-face instruction.
- Experience with and knowledge of language learning and teaching methods and innovations for teaching undergraduate majors and minors in German Studies and general education courses.
- Demonstrated research expertise in applied linguistics or second language learning and teaching.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Lecturer/instructor, Arizona, Germanic
More search results
Lecturer – English Composition
University of North Carolina Wilmington
French Visiting Assistant Professor
Case Western Reserve University Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
Visiting Assistant Professor of English
The University of Tampa
Visiting Assistant Professor, English
Visiting Assistant Professor, French Cultural Stu…
Oberlin College & Conservatory