Director of Education & Clinical Research Services
- University of California San Francisco
- Location details
- San Francisco, CA
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
Director of Education & Clinical Research Services
Working Title: Director of Education & Clinical Research Services
Payroll Title: Assistant University Librarian
The Director of Education & Clinical Research Services provides leadership in the coordination of the Education & Research Team. In alignment to the Library's strategic plan, the Director works closely with the Director of Data Science & Open Scholarship, and other applicable colleagues, to coordinate education efforts across Library units and better integrate these services within campus initiatives, committees, etc.
The position also works closely with faculty, staff, and researchers across UCSF with a focus on employees and learners at Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland and is responsible for providing clinical support in diverse areas of library services, including scholarship and clinical research, through consultation and educational services. The Director will modernize operations at Benioff Children's Hospital Library in alignment to the UCSF Library organization, seeking efficiencies in services, systems, and resources through proactive innovation and collaboration.
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Research and Learning, this position integrates diversity, equity, and inclusivity best practices into their team's teaching and ensures the provision of optimal user-centered services. This position leads a team of five librarians which provide teaching and research services to our diverse and distributed campus community across UCSF's Parnassus Heights and Mission Bay campuses as well as on the Zuckerberg San Francisco Hospital (ZSFG) and Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland (BCH Oakland) campuses.
This position has a flexible work schedule that includes remote work as well as multiple days onsite per week.
Education & Clinical Research Services Leadership - 50%
• Provide leadership and coordination oversight of the Education & Clinical Research team's services, priorities, and projects, ensuring strong alignment to library and university strategic initiatives and goals.
o Includes supervision of 5 FTE (3 librarian liaisons to the Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, and Pharmacy as well as 2 clinical research librarians), hiring, training, performance management, etc.
o Includes participation in budget development and management for applicable services and projects.
• Coordinate and organize strategic and integrated campus connections of teams in the education and research space.
• Promote the work and strategic vision of the Library across campuses and communities.
• Collaborate with the Director of Data Science & Open Scholarship to lead the development, implementation, and assessment of internal and external educationefforts that best meets user needs and promote open scholarship through innovative library service models.
o Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of the library's teaching, learning, and research services in support of UCSF's education and research missions as well as clinicians at ZSFG and BCH Oakland.
o Create, oversee, and engage in a competency-based services model within which the Education and Clinical Research Team and the Data Science and Open Scholarship Team collaboratively designs and delivers audience specific curricula, library trainings and workshops, and additional shared services to enhance evidence-based practice and open research across UCSF.
o Strategically align the library's educational efforts to strengthen their impact, implementing evaluation and assessment frameworks to track and share data- driven results.
o Build a community of library educators that support one another in growing their teaching practice.
Clinical Research Support for BCH Oakland - 40%
• Proactively seek opportunities to engage with the employees at BCH Oakland to plan curricula, integrate library resources and to support the evolving needs of this campus.
• Develop and deliver instructional content utilizing inclusive best practices to support the clinical needs of the BCH Oakland employees within a shared team approach. Create and maintain online guides and other research support tools.
• Develop and carry out plans to continuously promote library services and resources through library outreach efforts at BCH Oakland and across UCSF.
• Educate BCH Oakland employees and learners in the use of library resources and tools through direct assistance, consultation, creation of instructional materials, design and delivery of educational events, presentations, and orientations.
• Actively identify, evaluate, and trial new resources and tools. Maximize use of open resources for use with individuals, groups and campus wide as appropriate. Where needed, provide input for decisions regarding purchase and implementation of new resources.
• Work with other clinical librarians, such as those focused on the ZSFG campus, to build and align services supporting clinicians and researchers on hospital campuses.
Education, Research & Service - 10%
• Represent the Library on appropriate committees.
• Work collaboratively on library-, campus-and system-wide teams to iterate, develop and implement services.
• Participate in scholarly, professional, and service activities that enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion across education, research, library programs, and the profession.
• Master's in library science or equivalent degree.
• Minimum 5 years of professional library experience providing education and/or clinical research services in an academic health science or other related library setting.
• Minimum 3 years leading a team of librarians with direct supervision responsibilities.
• Understanding of emerging trends in health sciences librarianship, including evidence-based practice, scholarly communications, data management, and new technologies for information discovery and management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills that encompass empathetic interpersonal, analytical, and organizational communication.
• Evidence of ability to work independently as needed and excel at collaborative work both within and external to the library.
• Demonstrated ability to make collaborative and evidence-based decisions through the gathering of information by consulting a wide variety of sources, researching, compiling, organizing and interpreting data and materials from various sources.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development and evidence of professional scholarly interests.
• Demonstrated leadership approach that emphasizes empathy, communication, diverse and inclusive collaboration, and individual motivation and empowerment.
• Experience teaching and developing face-to-face and online instructional sessions for adult learners.
• Experience providing education and/or clinical research services in the health sciences to clinicians, educators, faculty and researchers.
• Demonstrated experience with creative applications of technology to deliver instructional services.
• Technologically comfortable and adept at identifying and learning to use and teach new technologies.
See Table 27 (https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/july-2022-salary-scales/t27.pdf) for the salary range for this position. This is an Assistant University Librarian position with an estimated salary range of $103,900-$187,200. Dependent on qualifications and experience, we anticipate hiring this position at mid-range salary.
About the Library
The UCSF Library is one of the preeminent health sciences libraries in the world, containing an expansive collection of the world's health sciences knowledge base. At its core, the UCSF Library connects people to stimulate inclusive learning, advance scientific inquiry, and enable open access to historical and current health sciences information resources. The Library facilitates connection to information and people by delivering a diverse range of human- centered services to the UCSF community and public visitors. Through its digital and physical spaces, the Library cultivates experiences that nurture progressive learning, meaningful engagement, and open creativity. As a vital campus resource, we are dedicated to supporting the UCSF mission of advancing health worldwide.
We commit to building a diverse and inclusive Library as a means of promoting health equity and counteracting historic and current systems of oppression. This commitment also applies to materials related to archives and special collections.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10- campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world's leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
About Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals are consistently ranked among the nation's best children's hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. We have two main campuses serving children and their families, one in Oakland and one in San Francisco, as well as satellite locations throughout Northern California.
Whether we're treating a rare condition or providing routine care, our love of helping kids never wavers. With hundreds of doctors from more than 50 medical specialties, our staff delivers expertise that covers virtually all pediatric conditions, including cancer, heart disease, neurological disorders and traumatic injuries, as well as expertise in organ transplants and the care of critically ill newborns. We're one of only a few hospitals in the nation equipped to treat rare and serious illnesses in children.
In 2014, UCSF affiliated with Children's Hospital Oakland, bringing together two respected health care organizations with a common mission and more than a century of excellence in pediatric care. UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital San Francisco and Children's Hospital Oakland have together created Northern California's largest network of pediatric providers and are the only hospitals in San Francisco and the East Bay dedicated solely to children. Each year, tens of thousands of infants, children, teens and young adults come to UCSF from all over the U.S. and the world for treatment.
Learn more about us here: https://www.ucsfbenioffchildrens.org/about
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04382 with cover letter, CV, statement of teaching, statement of contributions to diversity, and contact information for three references. Applicant materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission. The selected candidate must meet all of the qualifications at the time of appointment.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Similar searches: Administrator, Full-time, 4-year college or university, English, California
More search results
OPEN RANK Tenure-track/Tenured Professor in Ameri…
University of Michigan American Culture Native American Studies
Tenure-track Appointment in Creative Writing (wit…
Dual Enrollment Lecturer - General Education (Fal…
Middle Tennessee State English Department
Dual Enrollment Lecturer - General Education Engl…
Middle Tennessee State English Department
A&S_ENG_Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative …
Department of English, University of Miami