Visiting Faculty of Spanish
- Xavier University CLML
- Location details
- Cincinnati, OH
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University invites applications for a Visiting Faculty of Spanish for the 2023-2024 Academic Year. Candidates must be dedicated to undergraduate teaching and demonstrate excellence in language teaching.
Candidates should be able to help support a diverse and inclusive student community while teaching courses in Spanish language. Candidates must be committed to outstanding teaching in a liberal arts tradition of active learning, best practices of second language acquisition & pedagogy, new technologies for teaching languages, and service consistent with the mission of Jesuit higher education.
- Teach four courses (12 credits) per semester (24 credits per academic year), primarily beginning and intermediate level Spanish language.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
- MA in Spanish or related field; PhD preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in student-centered teaching and active learning. Ability to interact effectively with students, colleagues, university administrators, and the community.
- Formal preparation in pedagogy, second language acquisition, and/or language teaching.
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.
Please submit a letter of application, c.v, (including contact information for three references), graduate transcripts, and a statement of teaching philosophy via Xavier University's website. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate should be prepared to join our faculty August 15, 2022.
Please direct requests for additional information to Dr. Diane Ceo-DiFrancesco, Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.