English Lecturer - Full Time
- Location details
- Murfreesboro, TN
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of English at Middle Tennessee State University invites applicants for full-time, Lecturer faculty positions (multiple). Start date for these positions is August 1, 2023. Positions are one-year, temporary positions with possible annual renewal for up to three years total.
Successful applicants will teach first-year writing courses, with the possibility of teaching general education literature as enrollment trends permit.
Candidates must meet at least one of the following three degree requirements:
- Master of Arts in any of the following disciplines:
- Rhetoric / Composition
- Professional/Technical Writing
- Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
- Master of Arts in a closely related field with at least 18 hours of graduate coursework in classes with English, Linguistics and/or Technical Writing prefixes
Applicants who possess a Ph.D. or D.A. in English, Linguistics, Rhetoric / Composition or Professional / Technical Writing and applicants with two or more years of full-time experience teaching college-level writing classes will receive special consideration.
To apply or for more detailed information visit https://careers.mtsu.edu. MTSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that values diversity in all its forms. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.