Lecturer in Italian
- Location details
- Princeton, NJ
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- New Jersey
The Department of French and Italian seeks to fill a Lecturer in Italian position to teach, on campus, one or more precepts (1.20 hrs. long) for ITA 330/MED 303: Dante's 'Inferno' during the fall 2023 semester. Responsibilities include attending lecture sessions, teaching precept(s), grading student work, and holding weekly office hours. Appointment duty time is subject to enrollments and departmental need and is expected to begin September 1, 2023. Review of applications begins July 5, 2023, and continues until any available position is filled.
Native or near-native fluency in Italian and English, and proven experience teaching pre-modern literatures at university level. Master's degree or enrollment in a Ph.D. program required; Ph.D. preferred.
This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants are to apply online at https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/30284 and submit the following documents:
1. Curriculum vitae, including description of teaching experience
2. Cover letter that describes teaching interests, areas of expertise, and scholarly experience in the relevant fields
3. Statement of teaching: no more than 500 words explaining how the candidate has approached or would approach the course
4. Two recent teaching evaluations
5. One reference letter addressing teaching (to be submitted online directly by the referee)
6. Complete contact information for two additional professional references (to be submitted by applicant)