- Location details
- Lincoln, NE
- Minimum of $58,140.00
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln seeks candidates for an Assistant Professor of Practice in German position to begin in August 2024.
Professor of Practice faculty are non-tenure leading, promotion-eligible appointments with primarily instructional duties (apportionment of at least 80%).
We are seeking a dynamic, creative, and experienced instructor in the area of German Studies. The successful candidate will work closely to develop and teach courses at all levels of the German curriculum. We are particularly interested in candidates who have interest and experience coordinating courses across multiple sections, and in candidates who are interested in leading our very successful German in Berlin program.
The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with students from a wide range of diverse communities, as well as first-generation college students. We seek a candidate who will collaborate with other units and colleagues with adjacent interests (e.g., Political Science, National Security Studies, Global Studies, Women’s and Gender Studies, and other faculty in the Central and Eastern European Studies section of our department).
- Ph.D. in German Studies or a closely related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience teaching in an undergraduate setting.
- Experience teaching non-coordinated courses of the candidate’s own design.
- Native/near-native skills in German and English.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence as evidenced by student evaluations, peer observations, syllabi, teaching awards, and/or other evidence.
- Experience planning, recruiting for, and/or leading a study abroad program.
- Interest in coordinating and designing curriculum.
- Experience with recruiting activities.
- Knowledge of best practices in language pedagogy.
- Ability to develop courses in English that will appeal to students from other disciplines in the
College of Arts and Sciences and interdisciplinary programs.
- Interest in developing courses that will intersect with other existing intellectual strengths of the department (e.g., literary translation, Central/Eastern European Studies).
Review of applications begins November 2, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply go to https://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_230144. Please attach your letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, and syllabi for two German courses at different levels of the curriculum. Three (3) letters of recommendation are required. Recommenders should submit letters to Abigail Olson, Admin. Tech in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at email@example.com. All materials must be received by November 1, 2023.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln seeks to achieve a working and learning environment that is open to all people. Diversity is the hallmark of great institutions of learning and has long been one of the strengths of our society. Dignity and respect for all in the UNL community are the responsibility of each individual member of the community. The realization of that responsibility across the campus is critical to UNL’s success.
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
More search results
Asst. Prof. in Spanish (Linguistics /Applied Ling…
Stetson University - World Languages & Cultures
Assistant Professor of English
Department of English, Southern Methodist University
Assistant Professor of English
2024 Linguistics Tenure Track Assistant/Associate…