- Belmont University
- Location details
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
Assistant Professor of Spanish
We are now accepting applications for a qualified Assistant Professor of Spanish at Belmont University.
Tenure Track (Faculty)
Primary Duties and
The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at Belmont University is seeking applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August 1, 2024.
Job responsibilities include teaching Spanish at all levels. Preference will be given to Generalists with a commitment to developing and teaching innovative courses in Spanish. Successful candidate applications will reflect teaching excellence and dedication to language education both inside and outside of the classroom. Ph.D. and recent college level teaching experience required and commitment to growing the Spanish program. Applicants able to teach an additional language offered in the department are encouraged to apply.
During the application process, applicants will be asked to attach a cover letter, Curriculum Vita/Resume and a one-page essay (300-400 words) describing how your Christian faith informs and influences your personal and professional life and your teaching philosophy and how your faith will help you contribute to the achievement of Belmont’s Aspirational Aim.
Located two miles from downtown Nashville, Tennessee, Belmont University comprises nearly 9,000 students from every state and 33 countries. Nationally ranked and consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report for innovation in higher education, the University offers more than 115 areas of undergraduate study, 41 master’s programs and eight doctoral degrees. With a focus on whole person formation and data-informed social innovation, Belmont is committed to forming diverse leaders of character equipped to solve the world’s complex problems. For more information, visit www.belmont.edu
Review of applications will begin on September 29 and continue until the position is filled.
The selected candidate for this position will be required to complete a background check satisfactory to the University.
Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christ-centered community of learning and service.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and current developments in the field of study.
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content taught.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage in high quality scholarly
- Demonstrated ability to advise, instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students.
- Skilled in the use of computers, Internet resources, and MS Office software.
- Ability to learn relevant sections of BannerWeb, Belmont University’s online integrated database system for student grading.
- Ability to integrate technology into the teaching and learning process.
- Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the programs and services offered by Belmont University. Interest and ability to work collaboratively in course design and to teach interdisciplinary and topical courses.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
Ph.D. is required at the time of employment.
Teaching experience at the college level is strongly preferred.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check satisfactory to the University.
Belmont University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
More search results
Asst. Prof. in Spanish (Linguistics /Applied Ling…
Stetson University - World Languages & Cultures
Assistant Professor of English
Department of English, Southern Methodist University
Assistant Professor of English
2024 Linguistics Tenure Track Assistant/Associate…