Tenure-Track Assistant Professor--Creative Writing: Poetry
- Location details
- Lubbock, Texas
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Creative writing, Literature, American
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
The Department of English in the College of Arts and Sciences at Texas Tech University invites applications for a full-time, 9-month tenure-track Assistant Professor in Creative Writing position, with a specialization in Poetry, to begin fall 2024.
In line with TTU’s strategic priorities to engage and empower a diverse student body, enable innovative research and creative activities, and transform lives and communities through outreach and engaged scholarship, applicants must have experience working with diverse student populations at the undergraduate and graduate levels within or across the areas of teaching, research/creative activity, and service. Additional required qualifications are:
- An advanced, terminal degree in creative writing (MFA or PhD);
- A specialization in poetry;
- A significant record of quality publications, including at least one book of poetry in print or under contract; and
- Demonstrable excellence in teaching, especially teaching poetry writing.
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the required qualifications, individuals with the following preferred qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Those whose writing and teaching are informed by a foundational knowledge of the varieties of poetic craft;
- Those whose interests may include literary translation and/or writing and teaching informed by interests in Latinx American Literature, Indigenous/Native American Literature, African American Literature, or Disability Studies;
- Those with experience teaching in both F2F and online modalities; and
- Those who express interest in service to the department, college, and university—both program building and mentoring.
Please complete your online application through Brassring and be prepared to include the following documents in your application:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- A 10-15 page sample of poetry
- List of references
Questions about this position should be directed to Dr. Curtis Bauer, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com
If you need assistance with the application process, contact Human Resources, Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org or 806-742-3851.
Review of applications will begin on October 16, 2023.
To ensure full consideration, please complete an online application at
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.