- Alfred University
- Location details
- Alfred, NY 14802
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- New York
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
We seek a faculty member working on Afro-Latin or Afro-Caribbean literature with a demonstrated interest in Social Justice, Comparative Literature, or Applied Linguistics. In order to contribute to Alfred University's mission, the successful candidate will teach the equivalent of three 4-credit courses each semester. Courses include lower-division Spanish courses, lower division General Education Literature courses, and upper-level Spanish courses for the major/minor. Additional teaching opportunities are provided by Alfred University's Allen Term, Applied &Experiential Learning (APEX), AUNY extension, and Summer programs.
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Latin American Literature, with a background in Afro-Latin American or Afro-Caribbean Literature and Cultures and native or near native fluency in Spanish.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to teach courses in Latin American and Afro-Caribbean literature and the ability to teach courses in Hemispheric American literature.
- Candidates must demonstrate evidence of effective college or university teaching experience and the potential to build a strong record of scholarly productivity.
- The ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and/or service, and commitment to teaching and working in a multicultural environment are also required.
Qualified candidates will be interviewed at the MLA Convention in Seattle in January 2020 or by videoconference. Please submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a statement of Teaching philosophy, two sample syllabi, student evaluations from two courses, and three letters of recommendation Review of applications will begin November 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Contact Dr. Nancy Furlong, Acting Chair, Division of Modern Languages, email@example.com with questions.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Assistant Professor in Second Language Acquisitio…
Connecticut College (Hispanic Studies Department)
Assistant Professor of TESOL
Mississippi State University- English Department
Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship in Jud…
Northwestern Department of Spanish and Portuguese
Tenure Track Position in Indigenous Studies
Department of English - Ryerson University
Professor and Department Chair (English)
UTSA Department of English