ATSU - Liaison and Communications Librarian
- A.T. Still University
- Location details
- Mesa, AZ 85206
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
ATSU - Liaison and Communications Librarian
Job Category: Academic Affairs
Requisition Number: ATSUL002654
Mesa, AZ 85206, USA
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a full-time exempt Liaison and Communications Librarian on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the University Library Director. This librarian is responsible for being a liaison to one or more health sciences programs based on ATSU's Arizona campus. In addition, this position will be responsible for external communications including coordinating the library's social media channels, producing newsletters and press releases to internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining the library's web site and LibGuides in conjunction with all staff across our three campuses, along with other technologies. Applicants can apply here. First review of applications will be September 28, 2023. until the position is filled.
Major Job Duties:
- Directs LibGuides deployment and management plus library website (the latter via the university).
- Serves as liaison to multiple programs or schools in a health sciences program.
- Actively engages with a diverse community of faculty, administrators, clinicians, and students in assigned departments.
- Markets, outreach, and communicates with assigned programs to understand their teaching, learning, and research needs.
- Develops and teaches course-integrated instruction sessions and stand-alone workshops.
- Provides research assistance for all university stakeholders.
- Provides advanced support for comprehensive literature searching including evidence synthesis reviews and bibliometric analysis/research impact; provides general research assistance in accordance with the library's mission and user service guidelines for all university stakeholders.
- Develops and coordinates library's external communications such as library newsletter and library social media presence.
- Leads,and designs training through appropriate synchronous and asynchronous learning tools.
- Work with Collection Services and Electronic Resources Librarian, manage, troubleshoot, and test electronic resources (e.g. platforms for databases, journals, eBooks, etc.) both on and off site.
- Lead classroom coordination every semester and supervise room-booking software.
- Work with library and university technology offices, departments, and committees.
- ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library/Information Science OR equivalent combination of advanced degree and relevant experience.
- Understanding of database navigation and advanced search techniques.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, taking initiative, proactively creating, and carrying out projects, amongst multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and take initiative.
- Willingness to seek opportunities to provide librarian services to the university community at large.
- Demonstrated ability using LibGuides or other web technologies, ability to learn new technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- Understanding of current trends in academic libraries and higher education preferably in the health sciences.
- Willingness to contribute to the vision of the library and university.
- 1-3 years library experience preferred.
- Academic health sciences library experience is a plus.
Desirable qualifications include digital scholarship experience, liaison librarian experience, LibGuides experience, and computer program management experience.
About A.T. Still University:
Established in 1892 by A.T. Still, DO, the founder of osteopathy, A.T. Still University (ATSU) began as the nation's first college of osteopathic medicine and has evolved into a leading university of health sciences comprised of two colleges and five schools on three campuses and online. Today, ATSU offers master's degrees across allied health disciplines and doctorates in osteopathic medicine, dental medicine, athletic training, audiology, health administration, health education, health sciences, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
A.T. Still University's Arizona campus is located in Mesa, a suburban community in the metropolitan Phoenix area. The campus has an osteopathic medical school, a dental school, and a health sciences school. Mesa is located in the Sonoran Desert with easy access to hiking and all manner of outdoor activities combined with all the activities you would expect to find in any large metropolitan area.
A.T. Still University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, and actively strives to increase diversity within its community. We provide a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.
Masters or better.
1-3 years: Library Experience
Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b6d814e5-01d7-4975-b5f3-b295bfb95e99
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Faculty Position in American Studies Associate P…
Georgetown University in Qatar
Postdoctoral Research Associates in Religion and …
John C. Danforth Center on Religion and Politics, Washington University in St. Louis
Mellon Gateway Post-Doctoral Fellowship/Assistant…
Department of American Studies, Brown University
Assistant Professor of Medical Rhetoric or Medica…
Old Dominion University
Open Rank Faculty in Public Communication, Tenure…
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute