Tenure Track Faculty in Media Studies
- Location details
- Fresno, CA
- 66,150 - 99,150
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Film and media studies
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
The Communication Program at Fresno Pacific University offers a bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Communication Studies, Integrated Media, or Media and Film Studies. The program is housed in the Humanities Division and collaborates with other programs in the Humanities and Social Sciences. The Communication Program includes students from diverse populations and prepares them for participation and service in multiple settings and roles. The role includes focus on or possible combinations of media literacy, mass media & journalism, critical approaches to technology & culture, visual culture and rhetoric, and student journalism.
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, found here, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church, and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students, and or any person or organization in the course of representing the University.
- All FPU employees are called to exercise the gifts and calling of God through their daily life and role here at FPU. As ministers to students and other employees in daily life, FPU employees seek to embody the ideals laid out in the FPU Idea.
- A steadfast commitment to the "The Fresno Pacific University Idea" and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the University.
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda;
- Mentor and advise Communication majors with the Integrated Media and Media and Film Studies emphasis and Communication minors (as well as general education students);
- Teach upper division courses such as Writing and Reading Journalism, Scriptwriting, Visual Rhetoric, Digital Video Production, Documentary Studies, Film Studies, Intercultural Communication, Media and Society, and Communication Theory;
- Potentially advise the student newspaper The Syrinx and social media production;
- Teach General Education courses in Oral Communication and Understanding Media;
- Represent the Communication Program on University Committees and the Faculty Senate;
- Work with students, faculty, staff, and administration of diverse communities;
- Teach media studies from a Christian worldview.
- Earned terminal degree (MFA or PhD) in appropriate field of study (ABD candidates will be considered; completion of a terminal degree is a requisite for continued employment).
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statements: brief statement (1 page or less) on each of the following topics:
- Philosophy of Education
- Relationship & Commitment to Jesus Christ and the Church
- Relating Christian faith to discipline and teaching
- Diversity Rationale
- Official Transcripts (showing highest degree earned)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Pastoral Letter
- This person should have extensive knowledge of your Christian life and relationship with Jesus Christ. This knowledge should be expressed in the letter.
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea at fresno.edu/about/fpu_idea.
More search results
Assistant Professor in Professional and Technical…
Saint Mary's College of California
Assistant Professor in Latin American/Latinx Lite…
University of California Los Angeles
Assistant Professor-Digital Humanities-Department…
University of California Santa Barbara
Lecturer in Literature, Postcolonialism, and the …
Stanford University - English Department
Assistant Professor of English
Colorado Mesa University