Assistant Professor of English, Film, and Media Studies
- Location details
- San Marcos, Texas
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of English invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of English, Film, and Media Studies.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate and maintain an active record of publication and to develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses in areas of specialization. A focus on non-Hollywood film— including, but not limited to, European Cinema, Golden Age of Mexican/New Mexican Cinema, Latin American Cinema, Third Cinema, Bollywood, Nollywood—and/or experimental, documentary, and art film, and experience with other media, such as television, comics, or video games, are preferred.
In addition to film and media courses, teaching assignments may include courses within candidate’s other areas of interest and core English courses such as introductory literature surveys. This position is subject to the availability of funds.
- PhD in English, film and media studies, or closely related field that meets accreditation requirements (18 graduate hours in English)
- Potential for or demonstrated record of scholarly research in film and/or media studies, Demonstrated teaching excellence
- Expertise commensurate with the position of assistant professor and sufficient to teach graduate courses in film and media studies
- Demonstrated ability in scholarly research in one or more of the following areas: A focus on non-Hollywood film—including, but not limited to, European Cinema, Golden Age of Mexican/New Mexican Cinema, Latin American Cinema, Third Cinema, Bollywood, Nollywood—and/or experimental, documentary, and art film.
- Experience with other media, such as television, comics, or video games.
- Ability to teach varied curriculum in English, including core courses such as literature surveys and first-year composition.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/44002
For full consideration, please submit the following by November 5, 2023:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
More search results
Assistant Professor (Southeast Asia: Digital Stud…
National University of Singapore
Researcher in World Cinema
Assistant Professor of English
Virginia Military Institute
Director of Africana Studies Program
Lehigh University Africana Studies Program
Senior Lecturer - English
University of Texas Permian Basin