Assistant Professor of English (Professional Writing)
- Jacksonville State University
- Location details
- Jacksonville, Alabama
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric, Technical and business writing, Generalist, Interdisciplinary, Technology and digital media, Humanities
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
We invite applications for two Assistant Professors of English with specialty in Professional Writing, full-time, tenure-track positions to begin August 2024.
These faculty members will teach courses in the department’s new Professional Writing programs, as well as speech, composition, and other courses as needed, according to department practice and policy. Of particular interest are specialties in writing for the web, user experience/user interface, writing for social media, podcasting, technical or business writing, and/or writing for AI. Preference may be given to candidates with additional experience or expertise in game studies or digital humanities.
These faculty members will also conduct scholarly research sufficient for tenure and advancement and engage in appropriate service. A Ph.D. in English with a specialization in Professional Writing by the appointment date is required. The ability to teach composition and evidence of excellent teaching and scholarly potential are also required. The salary is contingent upon qualifications, experience, and needs of the university.
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Applicants should also demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through their cover letters, CVs, and/or teaching philosophies, or they may submit an additional, optional statement discussing how their teaching, scholarship, and/or service supports diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Three Letters of Recommendation will be required of applicants who are advanced to the first round of interviews.
Department of English
The Department of English at Jacksonville State University offers an undergraduate degree with concentrations in creative writing, literature, and professional writing, as well as a master’s degree and several certificate and microcredential programs. Faculty and students enjoy a wide range of courses; activities; events; internships; and study abroad, service, and experiential learning opportunities.
Similar searches: Full-time, Alabama, Composition and rhetoric, 4-year college or university, English, Professor, Assistant, Generalist, Humanities, Interdisciplinary, Technical and business writing, Technology and digital media
More search results
Assistant Professor of Writing Studies
Assistant Professor of Writing Studies and Direct…
Assistant Professor of English
Virginia Military Institute
Assistant Professor of English (Tenure-track)
First-Year Composition Director
University of Houston-Downtown