Assistant Professor of Spanish
- Bucknell University
- Location details
- Lewisburg, PA
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching, Literature, non-English
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
Assistant Professor of Spanish
Job No: 497519
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Languages, Cultures & Linguistics
The Department of Spanish at Bucknell University invites applications for an entry-level, tenure-track position in Spanish, beginning August 2024. We seek candidates with expertise in Colonial Latin American Literature. A secondary focus may include pre-Columbian literature or nineteenth-century Latin American literature. Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. by August 2024. We seek a candidate whose research teaching, and service will contribute to the department's commitment to diversity and academic excellence. We welcome candidates who demonstrate excellence in reflective multicultural and inclusive teaching practices and who display a strong commitment to collaboration and interdisciplinarity. The successful candidate will teach one core course in Latin American literature/culture, one seminar on a topic in Colonial Latin American Literature and all levels of Spanish language, for a total of five courses per year. This faculty member may also choose to lead the department's study abroad program in Spain. Candidates must have native or near-native fluency in Spanish, and sustained living experience in a Spanish-speaking country. The successful candidate must be able to teach an English-language course for a General Education program requirement occasionally. For full consideration, all materials must be submitted by November 1, 2023. Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2023, and continue until filled.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, tenure-track, exempt faculty position.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- myriad other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497519/assistant-professor-of-spanish
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor of Ger…
Lecturer in Spanish Studies
Santa Clara University
Queen’s National Scholar Position in Indigenous L…
Department of English and Creative Writing, Queen's University
Department Chair – Arts, Humanities, and Social S…
Florida Polytechnic University
Assistant Professor of Writing Studies