- Location details
- Ankara, Turkey
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Other international
Bilkent University’s Faculty of Humanities and Letters announces multiple openings in the Program in Cultures, Civilizations & Ideas. The CCI Program is staffed by an interdisciplinary team of scholars from diverse fields in the humanities and is primarily responsible for teaching a mandatory two-semester sequence of courses in literature and philosophy to most undergraduates at the University. Additional teaching opportunities, such as honors seminars and humanities electives, arise occasionally.
- Candidates should have a PhD in a field in the humanities completed before September 2024.
- All applicants should have a publication record commensurate with their career stage and evidence of future research potential in their field.
- We welcome those with excellent records of teaching at the college level and who enjoy engaging with students from diverse backgrounds.
- In addition to specialized expertise in their own fields, candidates should demonstrate proficiency in teaching works of philosophy and literature from different eras and traditions, as well as a broad educational background in the humanities.
- Scholars committed to interdisciplinary and comparative work, whether in their research or their teaching, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Experience in teaching text-based “Great Books” courses is especially desirable.
- Initial screening interviews will be held via Zoom beginning in January 2024.
- Expected starting date is September, 2024.
- Standard teaching load is 3-3 (one prep), with a teaching load reduction for new faculty members in the first three semesters.
- An active research agenda is expected. Support includes substantial funding for conference travel and potential for sabbatical leave following the third year.
- Our service load tends to be modest, but each department member is expected to contribute.
Bilkent University, located in Ankara, is the oldest independent non-profit research university in Turkey. All classes are conducted in English. Salary is competitive and includes a fully furnished and rent-free apartment on campus. Applications are to be made online at: https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/staffapp/CCI2024 . Complete applications must include a Curriculum Vitae, a letter of application specific to this position, a detailed 5-year research plan and a teaching statement to be submitted online. For assistance, contact Dr. Mustafa Nakeeb, Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is 15 December, 2023 19:00 UTC+3.
More search results
Lecturer in Spanish Studies
Santa Clara University
Queen’s National Scholar Position in Indigenous L…
Department of English and Creative Writing, Queen's University
Department Chair – Arts, Humanities, and Social S…
Florida Polytechnic University
Assistant Professor of Writing Studies
Assistant Professor of Writing Studies and Direct…