The Department of English at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor of professional and digital writing for fall 2020. Candidates will have a PhD in English or Writing Studies, an established scholarly agenda in professional or digital writing, and expertise and interest in using digital media in writing classes that integrate technology and pedagogy in innovative ways. Industry experience in professional/technical writing or editing is strongly desirable. Teaching duties will include teaching upper- and graduate- level offerings in professional writing, rhetoric, and composition. The successful candidate will also play a key role in overseeing the department’s newly implemented Professional Writing minor with opportunities for course development.
Teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses in professional & digital writing, rhetoric and composition; advising majors; conducting research; and participating in a variety of service activities
- PhD in English, Writing Studies or related field. ABDs with a reasonable likelihood of degree completion prior to start date may also apply.
- Combination of coursework and/or experience sufficient to teach introductory and advanced courses in professional or digital writing, rhetoric, and composition
- Expertise and interest in using digital media in writing classes that integrate technology and pedagogy in innovative ways
- An established scholarly agenda in professional or digital writing
- Record of excellence in teaching
- Active research program with potential for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in professional/technical writing or editing working directly with a business or industry, which could be an internship, coursework project, or work experience
- Ability or interest in teaching general education courses in candidate's field
- Experience in advising and mentoring students
- Show potential for or demonstrate ability for scholarship and activities that tie in to student learning and experiences
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Where Excellence and Opportunity Meet
With a strong research focus and national ranking in sustainability, Titans demonstrate on a daily basis what students can do to change the world. UW Oshkosh offers nearly 200 majors, minors and emphases, in addition to 15 graduate programs and two doctoral programs. UW Oshkosh is your place to find your path, grow your world and learn to lead.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is dedicated to creating a campus culture founded on four shared elements: Inclusive Excellence, Sustainability, Liberal Education, and Shared Governance. We have earned national recognition both for our efforts in sustainability and creation of the University Studies Program (general education). UW Oshkosh invests in increasing the success and persistence of our underrepresented students.
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh WI, 54901
More search results
Assistant Professor in Second Language Acquisitio…
Connecticut College (Hispanic Studies Department)
Assistant Professor of TESOL
Mississippi State University- English Department
Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship in Jud…
Northwestern Department of Spanish and Portuguese
Tenure Track Position in Indigenous Studies
Department of English - Ryerson University
Professor and Department Chair (English)
UTSA Department of English