- Location details
- Cambridge, MA
- Commensurate with experience
- Preceptor, Senior (Faculty) (000741)
- Position type
- Lecturer/instructor, Other
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching, Linguistics
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures seeks applications for a senior preceptor in Spanish. The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2024. The senior preceptor will be responsible for teaching three courses per year at the intermediate and advanced level. Administrative duties include training and supervising teaching fellows/assistants, curriculum development, and undergraduate advising and recruitment. The position is for five years and renewable contingent upon performance, enrollments, and curricular need. Preference will be given to applicants with a Ph.D. in areas related to teaching Spanish as a second and heritage language. In addition, preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing and teaching all levels of Spanish, coordinating language programs, and training and supervising teaching assistants. Applicants should have native or near-native proficiency in Spanish. A working knowledge of instructional technology is preferred.
Please submit the following documents through the ARIeS portal (https://academicpositions.harvard.edu). Candidates are encouraged to apply by December 15, 2023; applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Teaching/advising statement (describing teaching approach and philosophy and practices)
4. Teaching materials (e.g., teaching chart listing courses taught in reverse chronological order [please indicate which, if any, courses were taught remotely, whether partially or in full, due to the COVID-19 pandemic]; representative syllabi; teaching evaluations).
5. Statement describing efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging, including past, current, and anticipated future contributions in these areas.
6. Names and contact information of at least three referees, who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once the candidate’s application has been submitted. Three letters of recommendation are required, and the application is considered complete only when at least three letters have been received.
Chair, Senior Preceptor Search Committee
c/o Katherine Killough, Language Program Coordinator
Department of Romance Languages & Literatures
Boylston Hall, Harvard Yard
Cambridge, MA 02138
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up to date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, military service, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or other protected status.
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor of Ger…
Lecturer in Spanish Studies
Santa Clara University
Queen’s National Scholar Position in Indigenous L…
Department of English and Creative Writing, Queen's University
Department Chair – Arts, Humanities, and Social S…
Florida Polytechnic University
Assistant Professor of Writing Studies