Lecturer in Italian
- Stony Brook University
- Location details
- Stony Brook, NY
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- New York
Lecturer in Italian
Location: Stony Brook, NY, United States
Open Date: Nov 08, 2023
Deadline: Jan 08, 2024 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The Department of Languages and Cultural Studies at Stony Brook University is conducting a search for a Lecturer in Italian
This position will be central to reinforcing and expanding education in Italian language and culture at Stony Brook. The position will involve language teaching at various levels, as well as contributing to the teaching of Italian cultures. Other responsibilities include enriching the minor in Italian American Studies, contributing to the overall development and coordination of the Italian curriculum, and collaborating with the Center for Italian Studies.
This is a full-time appointment with an initial two-year term, renewable. Reappointment and retention are contingent upon satisfactory performance evaluations.
The salary is $65,000 plus location pay. Lecturers teach three courses per semester, hold office hours, serve on committees, and participate in curriculum development and assessment.
- Candidates must hold a PhD (or foreign equivalent) qualification in a field relevant to the teaching of Italian language and cultures.
- Candidates must have experience in teaching Italian at the university level.
- Candidates must have a high level (native or equivalent) of proficiency in both spoken and written Italian and English.
- A specialization in one or more of the following areas: Transnational, Postcolonial, Decolonial and Black Italian Studies; Language Teaching methodology.
- At least 2 years of university-level teaching experience in relevant areas.
- Interest in and experience with teaching online, synchronous and asynchronous courses.
- Interest and experience in language teaching methodologies with special attention to multi- and translingual education, translation studies.
To apply, visit http://apply.interfolio.com/135923.
Please upload a cover letter, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, two sample syllabi for undergraduate courses in Italian language & Italian/Italian American culture, recent teaching evaluations, diversity statement, and at least two letters of recommendation on Interfolio using the following link:http://apply.interfolio.com/135923 All documents must be in English.
Stony Brook University/SUNY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Deadline: 1/8/2024; applications and/or additional documentation will not be accepted after this date.
For eventual queries, please contact Professor Loredana Polezzi, Search Committee Chair (email@example.com), Department of Languages & Cultural Studies, 2127 Humanities Building, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-5359.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request . It can also be viewed online at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency