Multi-Year Instructor/Assistant Professor of Spanish
- Winthrop University: College of Arts and Sciences
- Location details
- Rock Hill, SC
- Position type
- Lecturer/instructor, Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- South Carolina
The Department of World Languages and Cultures at Winthrop University is seeking applications for a multi-year, non-tenure track faculty position with the expertise needed to serve as either Instructor or Assistant Professor in Spanish. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and experienced individual who can teach introductory, intermediate, and advanced courses in Spanish. The Winthrop Department of World Languages and Cultures boasts a vibrant team of faculty known for their engaging teaching of both undergraduates and Dual Language Immersion high school students. The department also collaborates with other departments on campus to deliver its major, offer double majors, and support secondary education degrees.
- Teaching a breadth of courses in Spanish composition/conversation, advanced grammar, and special topics
- Fostering the growth and interests of students in language discipline
- Teaching introductory courses that support the foreign language requirement
- Offering and developing advanced courses that support both the Spanish program and the vibrant dual language immersion program that leads to a minor in Spanish.
- Directing the daily operations of the Winthrop Language Learning Center
- Engaging in departmental support and academic responsibility
- Collaborating with the Coordinator of Pre-College programs to support high school students enrolled in Winthrop's Language Immersion Partnership
- M.A. or Ph.D. in Spanish; Applicants holding a Ph.D. in Spanish will be considered for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor
- Minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Spanish; additional M.A. and 18 graduate credit hours in French considered a plus.
- Evidence of teaching excellence and commitment to student learning
- Candidates with K-12, secondary certification, or relevant teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to academic responsibility, equity and inclusion, and global learning
Apply online at https://apply.interfolio.com/135785
- Letter of application that addresses the position, with a statement of teaching philosophy
- Current curriculum vitae
- Evidence of teaching excellence
- Three letters of recommendation
- All graduate transcripts (unofficial are acceptable for initial review; official transcripts are needed for final appointment)
Review of applicants will begin on January 15th and continue until the position is filled.
About Winthrop University
Founded in 1886, Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina, offers its 6,000-plus undergraduate and graduate students an educational experience that blends liberal arts, professional programs, global awareness, and civic engagement. In its colleges of Business Administration, Arts and Sciences, Education, and Visual and Performing Arts, Winthrop embraces only those programs and activities that can be delivered at an exemplary level. Winthrop is well known for its inclusive and supportive campus environment, with University College supporting programs in both academic and student affairs. Winthrop University is achieving national stature as a competitive and distinctive co-educational, public, residential, comprehensive, values-oriented institution. The values of service, excellence, diversity, community, and leadership provide the foundation for Winthrop’s continuing development and shape Winthrop’s continuing success. Numerous national accolades reflect the sustained high quality and value of the Winthrop Experience, including the most recent U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Winthrop as one of the top-10 public comprehensive universities in the South. Winthrop is an active member of the Rock Hill community and recognized as a key component of the region’s economic resurgence. Approximately 20 minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina, Winthrop has direct access to and is engaged in a broad and expansive regional business community. Winthrop’s beautiful campus encompasses a rich architectural blend of neo-Georgian buildings and is included in the National Register of Historic Places. The attractive recreational and research complex area that surrounds Winthrop Lake is home to Winthrop’s 18 Division I men’s and women’s sports.
Winthrop University is committed to providing a safe campus community. Winthrop conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a student loan default check, a criminal history record check, and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Winthrop University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor of Ger…
Lecturer in Spanish Studies
Santa Clara University
Queen’s National Scholar Position in Indigenous L…
Department of English and Creative Writing, Queen's University
Department Chair – Arts, Humanities, and Social S…
Florida Polytechnic University
Assistant Professor of Writing Studies