Assistant Professor of Instruction, Spanish
- Ohio University
- Location details
- Athens, Ohio
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English, Spanish
- Cultural studies, Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of Modern Languages at Ohio University seeks a non-tenure-track Assistant Professor of Instruction in Spanish. This is a full-time appointment eligible for renewal contingent on successful job performance. Instructional faculty are also eligible for promotion and multi-year contracts after a period of successful employment.
We seek a candidate who will contribute to program expansion by integrating new and innovative offerings into the current curriculum. Specialization is open but we welcome applications from colleagues with expertise or a strong, demonstrated interest in language pedagogy for heritage speakers, Cultural Studies, and Spanish for the professions.
The successful candidate will contribute to the department primarily through teaching and service commitments. The teaching load is 4/4 and includes courses both at the graduate and undergraduate level. The candidate can expect to teach all levels of language, culture and linguistics courses, and/or other content courses across the full spectrum of the curriculum, depending on departmental needs and the candidate’s qualifications. The candidate will also contribute to curricular development and assessment and enhance ongoing recruitment and retention strategies.
For information about our department, our programs, and our faculty, visit our website.
Minimum Qualifications: The minimum qualifications for this position include the following:
- Ph.D. in Spanish or closely related field by the start date of the appointment.
- Specialization open.
- Demonstrated interest in and willingness to teach and create courses for heritage language learners and Spanish for the professions.
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
- Experience teaching college-level Spanish language classes.
- Ability to effectively use educational technologies to achieve learning outcomes.
- Ability to teach graduate courses at the master’s level.
Required Documentation: Please complete the online application and attach the following required documents when prompted:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A detailed cover letter describing your qualifications and the reasons why you are interested in the position for which you are applying
- A teaching philosophy
- Two sample syllabi (preferably for content courses)
- Combined and uploaded as one file under “other” document
- Contact information for three professional references, including email addresses. These referees will receive an email and link inviting them to upload a recommendation letter on your behalf.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by January 15, 2024.
More search results
Assistant / Associate Professor of Indigenous Lit…
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Assistant Professor, English and Communication De…
UC Blue Ash College
Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer, Department of English
Assistant Professor English/ Global Literatures
Westfield State University
Chair Professor / Professor / Associate Professor…