- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
- Location details
- Winona, MN
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric, Technical and business writing
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota invites candidates to apply for a tenure track faculty position in English beginning in August of 2020. The standard teaching load is defined as 22-24 credit hours per contract year; primary teaching assignments will include undergraduate courses in composition and in business writing.
The successful candidate will have a PhD in English or Rhetoric and Composition, specializing in writing (particularly rhetoric and composition and business, technical, and/or professional writing). Candidates must have a strong record of (or clear potential for) excellence in teaching and student mentorship at the college level, ongoing engagement with scholarship or creative work, and potential to contribute to a writing curriculum. Preferred qualifications include experience in developmental, bridge, or stretch composition programs; experience with online instruction; capacity for interdisciplinary collaboration; and interest in mentoring students from underrepresented groups.
Candidates must be able to support the Lasallian Catholic mission of the University to awaken, nurture, and empower learners to ethical lives of service and leadership. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota believes a broadly diverse professoriate contributes to a robust academic environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals whose work history includes experience with an array of diverse perspectives, as well as a wide variety of different educational, research or other work activities, are especially encouraged to apply, as well as those experienced in overcoming or helping others overcome barriers to an academic career or degrees. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The successful candidate will have the following credentials and experience:
- PhD in English or Rhetoric and Composition;
- Coursework in and/or experience teaching business writing in a university or professional setting; and
- Experience in higher education, including teaching, program development, and/or assessment.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Instructional and/or administrative experience with developmental, bridge, or stretch composition programs;
- Experience with online instruction;
- Capacity for interdisciplinary collaboration within existing programs, and the ability to contribute to program development; and
- Interest in and commitment to inclusive mentoring of students from underrepresented groups.
Apply online at www.smumn.edu/careers and include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and the names of three references. Submit applications by November 15, 2019. Preliminary interviews will be conducted by video conference. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
More search results
The City College of New York
Visiting Lecturer in Russian
Associate or Assistant Professor- Tenure System
Michigan State University
President's Excellence Chair in Network Cultures
Department of English Language and Literatures, University of British Columbia
Assistant Professor in Second Language Acquisitio…
Connecticut College (Hispanic Studies Department)