- California SU, Los Angeles
- Location details
- Los Angeles, California
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric, Linguistics
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The English Department at Cal State LA is seeking an Assistant Professor of Writing Studies (with an emphasis in translingualism, multilingualism, or global Englishes) to join our vibrant department community. Please find the full position announcement here: http://edit.calstatela.edu/2020/college-arts-letters/al-engl-ttf
1) An earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in Writing Studies or a related field from an accredited institution (or equivalent) is required; however, applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. For appointment, the doctorate must be completed by the date of appointment (8/20/20).
2) Evidence of successful teaching at the undergraduate level.
3) Evidence of scholarly activity.
4) Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following areas: translingualism, multilingualism, or global Englishes.
1) Demonstrated commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
2) Demonstrated experience writing in the service of social change (e.g. environmental justice, disability studies, critical ethnic studies, etc.).
3) Demonstrated interest in research that intersects with writing pedagogy and/or writing assessment.
4) Demonstrated facility in teaching linguistics, additional language writing, or creative writing.
5) Demonstrated doctoral coursework focused on the field of writing studies.
Required Application Documents:
1) A cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications.
2) A curriculum vitae.
3) A list of three professional references.
4) A narrative statement describing your commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
5) A University Application for Employment Form
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
Please submit application materials to ENGLsearch@calstatela.edu. Please type “Writing Studies Application” in the subject line.
For more information, please review the following position announcement: http://edit.calstatela.edu/2020/college-arts-letters/al-engl-ttf
More search results
The City College of New York
Visiting Lecturer in Russian
Associate or Assistant Professor- Tenure System
Michigan State University
President's Excellence Chair in Network Cultures
Department of English Language and Literatures, University of British Columbia
Assistant Professor in Second Language Acquisitio…
Connecticut College (Hispanic Studies Department)