Assistant Professor of Shakespeare and Early Modern Literatures
- California SU, Los Angeles
- Location details
- Los Angeles, California
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Literature, British
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The English Department at Cal State LA is seeking an Assistant Professor of Shakespeare and Early Modern Literatures to join our vibrant department. For more details, please see the full position announcement: http://edit.calstatela.edu/2020/college-arts-letters/al-engl-ttf3
1) An earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in English or closely related discipline from an accredited institution (or equivalent) is required; however, applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. The doctorate must be completed by the date of appointment (8/20/2020).
2) Evidence of successful teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
3) Evidence of scholarly activity in the field of Shakespeare studies and/or Early Modern Literatures.
1) Evidence of successful teaching experience in Shakespeare studies and/or Early Modern literatures.
2) Evidence of work in, commitment to, and/or interest in community engagement.
3) Evidence of research in Shakespeare studies and/or Early-Modern literatures that productively intersects with one or more of the following: first-generation, intercultural, indigenous, transnational, or global Shakespeare studies; genders and sexualities studies; critical studies of race and ethnicity; ecocriticism; cultural materialism; new formalism; and/or English Education.
Required Application Documentation:
1) A cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications.
2) A curriculum vitae.
3) A narrative statement describing your commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
4) A list of three professional references.
5) A University Application for Employment Form
Finalists will be required to submit:
1) Official transcripts
2) Three current letters of recommendation
3) A critical writing sample of app. 15 pages
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
Please email all application materials in a single PDF to the Department Chair, Dr. Linda Greenberg, at email@example.com. Please type “Shakespeare and Early Modern Tenure-Track Application” in the subject line.
More search results
The City College of New York
Visiting Lecturer in Russian
Associate or Assistant Professor- Tenure System
Michigan State University
President's Excellence Chair in Network Cultures
Department of English Language and Literatures, University of British Columbia
Assistant Professor in Second Language Acquisitio…
Connecticut College (Hispanic Studies Department)