- University of Minnesota
- Location details
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric, Comparative literature
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
About the Job
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies at the University of Minnesota invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track Lecturer and Supervisor of Spanish Composition (fifth semester) to begin Fall 2020. The position entails the coordination of SPAN 3015W, SPAN 3015V and SPAN 3011W; the continuous development and oversight of a text-based, writing-intensive curriculum; the supervision and mentoring of approximately 12 Graduate Instructors, Teaching Specialists and Lecturers; and the development of online courses. The teaching load is five classes per year.
Applicants must have
- a Ph.D. with a specialization in Linguistics or Spanish / Spanish American Literature and /or Culture by the time of appointment,
- familiarity with approaches to second language writing instruction,
- superior-level proficiency in both Spanish and English,
- a minimum of three years of experience teaching Spanish at the university-level,
- documented teaching excellence,
- experience with research-driven curriculum development,
- the ability to work effectively as a member of a team of coordinators, and
- excellent administrative and interpersonal skills.
- experience with online foreign language instruction
- experience building and designing courses in LMSs (e.g., Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard)
- ACTFL OPI training or certification
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online at https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/333445. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and CV. In addition, please email a statement of teaching philosophy to email@example.com and three letters of reference should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin on December 2, 2019. Questions should be directed to Mandy Menke (email@example.com), Chair of the Search Committee.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
More search results
The City College of New York
Visiting Lecturer in Russian
Associate or Assistant Professor- Tenure System
Michigan State University
President's Excellence Chair in Network Cultures
Department of English Language and Literatures, University of British Columbia
Assistant Professor in Second Language Acquisitio…
Connecticut College (Hispanic Studies Department)